Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cece's new ride...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    You know the VX and Juke really are similar, as the chart shows they have almost identical dimensions (though the Juke was clearly designed with backseat passengers in mind). The other thing is styling philosophy. If you look at pictures of both the Juke and VX, I think most people would agree that the side and rear profiles of the vehicles are pretty handsome. But in both cases it's really the front grill/headlights/bumper that are the most polarizing. In my case I like the VX front, but don't really care for the Juke's.

Just my $.02.
    Sounds like you have entirely too much time on your hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Sounds like you have entirely too much time on your hands.
    As we like to say in the Air Force, I have so many PowerPoint flight hours that I can whip up a graphic like that in less than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna X View Post
    ..... and what were you doing in the back seat of your VX?
    THAT! ...and letting Gill's 70 year old mom take the front seat like a good fiancée should... She HATED getting into mine. LOL My lift was much taller than Gill's!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

2009 Mazda RX-8 - FWD (again if you consider that 4-season capable) - $24K (fully tricked R3 Edition)

Technically you could call the RX-8 a 4 door since it has 2 suicide doors in addition to the ones in front, but as already stated it is a RWD sports car that needs a new engine about every 80k miles.
    Last edited by LittleBeast : 08/11/2010 at 02:37 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Technically you could call the RX-8 a 4 door since it has 2 suicide doors in addition to the ones in front, but as already stated it is a RWD sports car that needs a new engine about every 80k miles.
    Sounds perfect for a Chicago winter!
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

What about this?

http://www.volvocars.com/us/all-cars...s/default.aspx

A cowerker has one and she LOVES it. and its a volvo so you know its safe.

Same reliability issues could be pointed at the RX-8 by the way - those things eat engines almost as fast as they drink oil.
    ...it is a RWD sports car that needs a new engine about every 80k miles.
    I find it hard to believe that Mazda hasn't done anything about this poor reliability. I thought the rotary engine was a proven technology. Guess not... Scratch the RX-8 off my list of Dream Cars.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    What is your opinion of the all new Sportage? I kindza likez em!
    See... I liked the Forte Coupe, when I went to check it out it felt horribly cheap.
    Which is why it is CHEAP! You get what you pay for. I think they have good ideas, but they fail with execution. They look good in photos, but once you sit in a Kia you realize that they are not built for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    See... I liked Gill, when I went to check him out I felt horribly cheap.
    Which is why he is CHEAP! You get what you pay for. I think they have good ideas, but they fail with execution. They look good in photos, but once you have Gill you realize that he is not built for the long haul.
    LMFAO - Replace all your references to 'Kia' with 'Gill' ... makes for a much better read!!!

Sorry Gill - it hadta be done.

Nice one T4B! I never claimed to have the same kind of warranty as my VX...

However just like the VX I have my good points too: Fun in the city or the country, able to handle any weather, and I can get her where she wants to be.

BWAAHAAHAA!!!

Good comeback - no signs of premature jokification!

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Mazda hasn't done anything about this poor reliability. I thought the rotary engine was a proven technology. Guess not... Scratch the RX-8 off my list of Dream Cars.
    Was just talking about this with the wife last night... she almost bought one when we were first dating, before my Dad (who's a service writer at a garage) showed us all the maintenance problems shops were encountering (blown engines the most notorious). Look at it this way, if rotary technology was reliable, why wouldn't more manufacturers use it? (1) car out of the hundreds of models produced each year uses it. The reason Mazda can get away with it is that it's what has always made the RX unique.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Well for the 2004-09 models I would not trust the engine past 80k. I took perfect care of mine and the engine went out at 68,000 miles. The 2010 like the one pictured have added another oil injector to fix the current apex seal problem. Now just a simple upgrade on the apex seals from a known company and you could have a very reliable engine, but not the 04-09 ones I just sold my RX-8 yesterday actually. Power to weight ratio, and power to size ratio is amazing with the rotaries that is why the LeMans series outlawed them after they won the 24 hours in superb fashion. When built correctly (not mass market) they are incredible engines and are SO EASY to rebuild with only 2 moving parts, but if you are not mechanically inclinded or a "car person" I would pass on the RX's.

http://www.tenerife-training.net/Ten...y-renown-787b/
    Last edited by LittleBeast : 08/12/2010 at 12:49 PM

Well for the 2004-09 models I would not trust the engine past 80k. I took perfect care of mine and the engine went out at 68,000 miles. The 2010 like the one pictured have added another oil injector to fix the current apex seal problem. Now just a simple upgrade on the apex seals from a known company and you could have a very reliable engine, but not the 04-09 ones I just sold my RX-8 yesterday actually. Power to weight ratio, and power to size ratio is amazing with the rotaries that is why the LeMans series outlawed them after they won the 24 hours in superb fashion. When built correctly (not mass market) they are incredible engines and are SO EASY to rebuild with only 2 moving parts, but if you are not mechanically inclinded or a "car person" I would pass on the RX's.

http://www.tenerife-training.net/Ten...y-renown-787b/
    Ahhh that's why there's $8K in depreciation between '09 and '10 RX-8's.

Hate to say it but I have seen alot of Jeep products on the roads lately.. Alot in the Chitown 'burbs