Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 93 Trooper RS for wife

More pics, just took it out to play in the mud, got all the skid plates coated and mounted, gas tank skid is mounted. She started putting her tats on it. Looking good so far.
    The damn thing runs so quiet on the road, you can't tell if the engine is still on. I need to get an exhaust on that thing, makes throttle control easier of you can hear the truck.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Local U-Pull-It in Colorado Springs has a 95 RS 2-door if you find you need something let me know and I'll see if they have it for you.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Local U-Pull-It in Colorado Springs has a 95 RS 2-door if you find you need something let me know and I'll see if they have it for you.
    Sweet, I will let you know. Its weird being on the other end as a parts supplier

You won't believe what I found in the truck. I am in the process of installing a subwoofer/amp/deck and whatnot. I have been doing this since I was 14 or so. I was pulling up the carpet on the passenger side and I found a few pennies. No biggie. Then I kept going, I have filled a big tupperware bowl so far with pennies! There are hundreds of them. No wonder I heard rattling all the time. How does that much change get under the carpet? I am not kidding, there are hundreds of pennies. I am pulling em out in handfuls. I will count them later and let you know how much it was. Too bad it wasn't silver dollars...

I found a little over $27 in change under the console/carpet of an old Camaro I had. It's weird how much change you can find.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

I did a rough count, I counted out 100, made a pile, and then made similar sized piles. There are close to 1000 pennies. There are still a bunch more in there, I gave up, I would have to take out the seats and pull all the carpet up, not worth it for 10 bucks. If they continue to rattle audibly, I figure a can of expanding insulation foam will do the trick quite nicely

Is that like a prank or something? He guys, let's dump 20 bucks worth of pennies under the carpet of so and so's Trooper. That'll be awesome...
    How does that happen?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Never know what someone who works on your car might do if he gets peeved at ya'.

Had a friend that had a terrible clunking in a new car back in the 80's. Turned out to be two glass coke bottles that were placed in the bumper...never figured out if it came from the factory, or if the dealership guys did on one of his many "warranty" rants...go figure.

The best I came up with is that every time he had pennies, he put them in the Ebrake slot. I am the third owner, and the last owner just bought it cause it was an RS and it sat in his pseudoisuzujunkyard. So, a decade of penny pitching down the slot...and here I am, reaping the benefits of hundreds of pennies

Pulled the carpet and seats out, found a couple more bucks in pennies. Finished the stereo, she now has blue tooth phone and music streaming, satellite radio, 10 subwoofer, new front and rear speakers. Hooed up her CB, all stored int eh glove box. THe box is awesome! It has a rubber surround that prevents anything from falling behind it. Replaced headlights with silverstars. Truck is ready to roll. Swapped out the original grill insert with a black one and of course painted her ISUZU red and put it upside down
    Her passneger seat folds up prettty neat. It not only slides forward, but pops up onto itself about 3 inches, eliminating the need for a seat extender.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    You won't believe what I found in the truck.
    Actually I would.

I found a cupla hundred .22 shells under the spare of an Eclipse I bought years ago - didn't find them till I'd been driving it on Post for a few weeks ... NOT GOOD!!!

I found a bandaide box (the old metal kind) full of the PO's stash inside the seat of my wife's Amigo (it had zipper upholstery closure on the back of the seat) - didn't find it till I'd been driving it on Post for several years ... EVEN MORE WORSER!!! ... "Honest Officer - it's not mine, the previous owner musta left that behind"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Actually I would.

I found a cupla hundred .22 shells under the spare of an Eclipse I bought years ago - didn't find them till I'd been driving it on Post for a few weeks ... NOT GOOD!!!

I found a bandaide box (the old metal kind) full of the PO's stash inside the seat of my wife's Amigo (it had zipper upholstery closure on the back of the seat) - didn't find it till I'd been driving it on Post for several years ... EVEN MORE WORSER!!! ... "Honest Officer - it's not mine, the previous owner musta left that behind"
    Gotta destroy the evidence! haha

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    Gotta destroy the evidence! haha
    It'd prolly been in there for a decade (well before we got the car). It was so dessicated that even Cheech would've turnded it down.

The funny thing is that the Amigo also had a locking compartment inside the center console & we never had a key. I immediately went to a locksmith to break into it to see what other goodies there might be. PO used the locking part of the console to store his trash (Twinkie wrappers - rekin the munchie syndrome had kicked in).

Those stories are insane... I think the most I've ever found was a candy wrapper or two. Maybe I should start taking apart the back of my VX...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Her passneger seat folds up prettty neat. It not only slides forward, but pops up onto itself about 3 inches, eliminating the need for a seat extender.
    Don't suppose that same mechanism would work in the VX would it?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Those stories are insane... I think the most I've ever found was a candy wrapper or two. Maybe I should start taking apart the back of my VX...

Don't suppose that same mechanism would work in the VX would it?
    I will look into the seat mounts, but I don't think it would work.