Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 93 Trooper RS for wife

*sigh*, once again another

Kodiak, I dont think the RS will be coming to Moab, Ramairz may come up my way, we will load both VXs on my trailer, and split the gas out to Moab. Saves us both some bucks, and piece of mind if we break something on one of the rigs. And how sweet would it be to have two VXs on one trailer going cross country!!!!!!!
    I scheduled an appointment today for the goose neck hitch to get installed on the F250. Soon it becomes serious trailer shopping time. just gotta sell mine first...
    Last edited by Marlin : 08/13/2010 at 05:18 PM

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Marlin,

I want to buy your trailer but gotta talk to Wifey first. We have a wedding to pay for in 2011 so finances will be tight.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Marlin,

I want to buy your trailer but gotta talk to Wifey first. We have a wedding to pay for in 2011 so finances will be tight.

Tom
    Sure, if you want to find out from an independent third party how nice it is, you can talk to beagler or ditchdoc or cavmedic or jwood on the planet. They have all seen it in person multiple times. A few saw it at Moab in 09 as well. I have upgraded it since then, but they saw it
    Let me know, I will hold off posting it on CL until you get back to me. If you do head this way, let me know, I can help you out with reservations up at shortstay (the awesome campground I told you about).
    As for the wedding in '11, thats easy, today some guy offered me 150 bucks in food stamps for 75 bucks in alcohol, I was in my dress whites, what I douche, I told him to "Take your lazy *** and get a job." I was so POed, the gall to ask a military guy in uniform no less. Good thing I wasn't carrying a firearm. You could gather food stamps to pay for the caterer!!!! Half price!!

I did check out your postings on the Planet. It looks perfect for my needs. I'll let you know sumpn on Monday.

The deal with buying the one from Welder Guy seems to have fallen through ... he hasn't mentioned it in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    And how sweet would it be to have two VXs on one trailer going cross country!!!!!!!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Tom- Not sure if this is of any help, but....
    don't know if you're real familiar with how PayPal works, but you can "pay" Marlin via PayPal and have it go on your credit card of choice (that you have already set up on PP). Just ends up looking like any other "charged" purchase on your cc.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Oh man was it a good day at the yards!!!!!!!!! I got the 4 16" wheels off the VX at the yards, no chrome peeling, all center caps good and one brand new cooper discovery HT (other 3 tires were garbage, I am sure his TOD loved that) for 130 bucks!!!!
    I also got the grill insert with fangs, the fangs are heading to the UK and the insert is replacing mine, I cracked it

Then I went to the pic n pull and scored a set of Aisin hubs off of an old pup! 31 bucks. Took me a few hours to get em off, had to buy a 3/8 drive 8mm socket, they were on there tight. There is no play in the hubs, and the grease was clean.

I also picked up some goodies I will post in another thread. I need to go back and get transfer case and tranny skid plates.

I got the 4 16" wheels off the VX at the yards, no chrome peeling
    Marlin, the 16's do not have the peeling problem of the 18's since they are not crome plated.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Nice! I need to go to the yards around here and start scoring Zu parts

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Marlin, the 16's do not have the peeling problem of the 18's since they are not crome plated.
    That would be why they look so nice

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Nice! I need to go to the yards around here and start scoring Zu parts
    I watched em crush a nice looking 1st gen amigo. Only had 132K miles,guy said it still ran as he pitched it to the claw tractor. It was a 2wd, so no tears were shed

still sucks though, there's a zu fan somewhere that would have loved that amigo. lol

Alright, its coming together, got all the new ball joints in, OME919s are on their way from Australia, her tires showed up todayfrom treadwright. Not the prettiest things, but they are virtually identical in tread pattern to the BFG MTs. All 4 are on Dueler AT carcasses. They look nice as far as that goes, but you can definitely tell they are retreads. But for trail tires, and at that price, I am happy. Her blue tooth stereo came in yesterday, takes usb, sd cards, ipod, mini usb and is bluetooth phone ready, no stupid kit to add on. Under 100 bucks from Hong Kong via Ebay. I also have her rancho 9000s sitting here, the extra wheels, her sirius radio kit. Now all I need is the truck, hopefully will be done next weekend. I will post up pics when I have it in hand. Gotta get the MTs mounted tomorrow, the tires it comes with are dry rotted, so she will have to drive on the mudders till I get her new street tires. Gonna be busy once that thing shows up. I am gonna cut the rear end off, and probably rhino line here lower rockers and do my cladding at the same time, herculiner is doing a rebate right now, 20 bucks off the 1 gallon kit, which should be enough to my cladding and hers I hope.

Woohooo, I pick up the RS tomorrow...finally. He is also throwing a set of diff drops together for me to put on the VX. Joe Darlington is the man!!! I am also hitting up the big junk yard up there, so expect some more parts to pop up on my parts thread, looking for trooper drink holders, cv joints, dash bezels and anything else that catches my fancy.
    I will post up some fresh before pics tomorrow evening, and some after pics sunday evening after lift and whatnot. I can't wait!!! New toy, it too is virgin, no mods except the sliders, locker, dif drop that I paid Joe to go ahead and do. Hmmmm, another cherry.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

I can't wait!!! New toy, it too is virgin, no mods except the sliders, locker, dif drop that I paid Joe to go ahead and do. Hmmmm, another cherry.
    Make a bumper for it first......