Thread: 93 Trooper RS for wife

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just got the little beast home. The guy in the shop said it reminded him of a scared cat Think of when it just begins to arch its back and leap into the air.
    The lift came out nice, it was 13" from the bottom of the slider to the ground when I got it home, now it is a little over 16". The tires are two inches bigger than the street set, so 2" of lift from the OME919s and torsion bar crank. It may be a little high in the front, I will mess with it tomorrow. Runs like a champ, very rich, but to be expected since it hasn't been driven in several years. Fires up first try. Still have a lot of little stuff to do. More pics to follow.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Just finished some tinkering. I forgot I had the VX factory airbox with a new K&N drop in filter!! Fits perfect. Also swapped out old bulbs with silverstars. New floormats. The washer fluid resevoir is leaking, but the headlight wipers work!!!! Sweet. Everything else sems to work. The drivers door dome light switch is broken. Fix that tomorrow.

More pics, just took it out to play in the mud, got all the skid plates coated and mounted, gas tank skid is mounted. She started putting her tats on it. Looking good so far.
    The damn thing runs so quiet on the road, you can't tell if the engine is still on. I need to get an exhaust on that thing, makes throttle control easier of you can hear the truck.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Local U-Pull-It in Colorado Springs has a 95 RS 2-door if you find you need something let me know and I'll see if they have it for you.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Local U-Pull-It in Colorado Springs has a 95 RS 2-door if you find you need something let me know and I'll see if they have it for you.
    Sweet, I will let you know. Its weird being on the other end as a parts supplier

You won't believe what I found in the truck. I am in the process of installing a subwoofer/amp/deck and whatnot. I have been doing this since I was 14 or so. I was pulling up the carpet on the passenger side and I found a few pennies. No biggie. Then I kept going, I have filled a big tupperware bowl so far with pennies! There are hundreds of them. No wonder I heard rattling all the time. How does that much change get under the carpet? I am not kidding, there are hundreds of pennies. I am pulling em out in handfuls. I will count them later and let you know how much it was. Too bad it wasn't silver dollars...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    You won't believe what I found in the truck.
    Actually I would.

I found a cupla hundred .22 shells under the spare of an Eclipse I bought years ago - didn't find them till I'd been driving it on Post for a few weeks ... NOT GOOD!!!

I found a bandaide box (the old metal kind) full of the PO's stash inside the seat of my wife's Amigo (it had zipper upholstery closure on the back of the seat) - didn't find it till I'd been driving it on Post for several years ... EVEN MORE WORSER!!! ... "Honest Officer - it's not mine, the previous owner musta left that behind"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.