Thread: 93 Trooper RS for wife

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Never know what someone who works on your car might do if he gets peeved at ya'.

Had a friend that had a terrible clunking in a new car back in the 80's. Turned out to be two glass coke bottles that were placed in the bumper...never figured out if it came from the factory, or if the dealership guys did on one of his many "warranty" rants...go figure.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

The best I came up with is that every time he had pennies, he put them in the Ebrake slot. I am the third owner, and the last owner just bought it cause it was an RS and it sat in his pseudoisuzujunkyard. So, a decade of penny pitching down the slot...and here I am, reaping the benefits of hundreds of pennies

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Pulled the carpet and seats out, found a couple more bucks in pennies. Finished the stereo, she now has blue tooth phone and music streaming, satellite radio, 10 subwoofer, new front and rear speakers. Hooed up her CB, all stored int eh glove box. THe box is awesome! It has a rubber surround that prevents anything from falling behind it. Replaced headlights with silverstars. Truck is ready to roll. Swapped out the original grill insert with a black one and of course painted her ISUZU red and put it upside down
    Her passneger seat folds up prettty neat. It not only slides forward, but pops up onto itself about 3 inches, eliminating the need for a seat extender.

Those stories are insane... I think the most I've ever found was a candy wrapper or two. Maybe I should start taking apart the back of my VX...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Her passneger seat folds up prettty neat. It not only slides forward, but pops up onto itself about 3 inches, eliminating the need for a seat extender.
    Don't suppose that same mechanism would work in the VX would it?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Those stories are insane... I think the most I've ever found was a candy wrapper or two. Maybe I should start taking apart the back of my VX...

Don't suppose that same mechanism would work in the VX would it?
    I will look into the seat mounts, but I don't think it would work.

Well, the RS was down since Feb, needed what the mechanic said was a new rear end. Tracked down a rear third with 4.56s. I put all that in myself, only to discover it was actually a rear wheel bearing. PITA. Now she has an open rear third instead of LSD and I am way too lazy to swap it again. One day, I will get bored and probably put an aussie in the open carrier and sell the G80 rear LSD with the 4.56. I could see swapping the VX to 4.56 as well.
    I scored a set of 16" snowflakes a while back, been sitting in my garage. I found a mom and pop to mount and balance 4 tires for 40 bucks. Sweet deal.

With the OEM wheels, it looked like a scared cat, really tall, way too narrow. With the rodeo wheels, the tires stick out about 2", making the track width about 6" wider. Much more stable, and looks 10 times better.

Now it looks like a man's truck...er woman's truck, since it is supposed to be the wife's. I think its mine, since I do all the work on it.
    It should ship to Missouri sometime in the next few weeks, followed a few weeks later by the VX. Beats the hell out of driving one of the beasties 1500 miles. No thanks.

That is sooo nice.

Bart