Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 93 Trooper RS for wife

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I am far more afraid of hurting the RS than the VX. It is FAR and away more rare than the VX.
    I remember someone mentioning that in an earlier thread, but unfortunately my search skills are failing me. Remind me what the production count was?

Oh, it has headlight washers and a rear windshield I can see out of
    Maybe you can help BigSwede's wipers.....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I remember someone mentioning that in an earlier thread, but unfortunately my search skills are failing me. Remind me what the production count was?
    From what I have gathered, there were only 1500 imported to the US over the entire Trooper RS era. That would 85-95 IIRC. I am sure there are some expert Zu statisticians that give the exact numbers. I know I have only seen 4 RS in my life: Swedes, another one at Moab, I can't remember her name, but it was a second gen, my wife's and Matt from Indy4x4 brought his out to the last URE meet.

VXs I have spotted around town, and whatnot. Never an RS!!!

As for helping swede's wipers, I offered, I found some at a junkyard that were in working condition, he said he didn't need em I took em for the blades for the wife's. Hers work now, good blades, squirters and so on.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

From what I have gathered, there were only 1500 imported to the US over the entire Trooper RS era. That would 85-95 IIRC. I am sure there are some expert Zu statisticians that give the exact numbers.
    Still seems like you'd want to protect the VX first since it shares no external body panels, lights, or glass (possibly excluding the front) with any other vehicle. Sure there were only 1500 RS's, but there were hundreds of thousands (maybe more) Troopers with compatible body parts made during that time. Seems like the only thing that would be unique to the RS would be the doors (often longer than on four door vehicles, but maybe not) and rear quarter panel.

Just picked the RS up from the shop. It now has AC again, after 10 years of no AC! Also got a new exhaust, Flowmaster lost their patent a year ago or so. Incinerator made a clone, 1/4 the cost. It sounds pretty good with the Flowmaster 40 clone, but that 3.2 doesn't sound near as good as the 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Seems like the only thing that would be unique to the RS would be the doors (often longer than on four door vehicles, but maybe not) and rear quarter panel.
    Not sure about the doors, I would guess they are the same as the 4-door fronts. The 2 side windows, however, are unique to the RS. Just ask Matt Brown after he broke his...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...