Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 93 Trooper RS for wife

93 Trooper RS for wife

Well, I bought a 93 Trooper RS with automatic tranny for the wife as a trail truck/local daily driver. I am buying it from Joe D. He is currently doing a diff drop, sliders, bumper and installing a front aussie. I just ordered a set of 33" treadwright MTs, OME 919 springs, Rancho9000xl's, new upper and lower ball joints (not doing the wide stance mod), a CD player with integrated blue tooth. I am getting some 16x7 wheels off of the VX at the yards by my house. She will daily drive on the sweet trooper factory wheels and some street tires and trail on the VX chrome 5 stars and MTs. I also ordered a pair of race trim kids car seats and some red JDM 4 pt harnesses. So this RS should be about what Matt had before his ultimate build, which is just fine for me. I still need to call Matt at Indy4x and get some superwinch hubs. I know the aisins are stronger, but I busted one of my superwinch hubs on the VX, they sent me two brand new ones at no cost!!! So I already have one extra just in case. As far as I can tell, the RS has never been seriously wheeled, no rust, 126K miles. Joe is being kind enough to put in a new tranny and doing all the maintenance (belts, fluids, filters...) while he has it. He can do in a few hours what would take me days to do. It took me 3 days to install my aussie on my own, probably take him a few hours.
    I am scouring the yards this weekend, who knows, maybe I will score some aisins I will pick up a couple of CVs, tie rods and misc for both trucks. Next mission is to sell my trailer and find a 35' gooseneck to pull behind the new F250. This way I can bring both trucks to Uwharrie, and maybe Moab in the spring. The VX is 100% for sure going to Moab next year.

I will post up some pics as soon as I get my hands on her...let the games begin. All new projects, not much left i can do to the VX

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...d4x4/93RSa.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...d4x4/93RSb.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...d4x4/93RSc.jpg

Drink holders!!!
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...d4x4/93RSd.jpg

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Looks like it had a front impact at some point... hood, bumper, and headlights don't seem to line up, but it could just be the angle. Otherwise SUPER clean for a '93. Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Looks like it had a front impact at some point... hood, bumper, and headlights don't seem to line up, but it could just be the angle. Otherwise SUPER clean for a '93. Nice find!
    The hood is popped and the bumper was off for the Joe D bumper build, I did that when I went and looked at it a few months ago. The hood does need refinished, the clear coat is all faded. Some wet sanding should fix that. If not, its nothing a little herculiner won't cover, or perhaps a matching functional hood scoop/heat vent wont't fix

I just did an insurance quote for it for liability, they listed it as having auto seatbelts, Big Swede, wanna chime in on that since its almost identical to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    The hood is popped and the bumper was off for the Joe D bumper build, I did that when I went and looked at it a few months ago. The hood does need refinished, the clear coat is all faded. Some wet sanding should fix that. If not, its nothing a little herculiner won't cover, or perhaps a matching functional hood scoop/heat vent wont't fix
    Cool, I thought the hood might be popped but good to hear the other stuff has a legit explanation too. A hood scoop/vent would look really mean - maybe you should go all the way and retrofit Marlinstein Bumper v1 to give it the true hardcore look.

^ lol. Looks awesome man, gonna be a sweet ride for sure. I'd love to get the wife into offroading, but after our last trip with the nose pointed straight up, she didn't like seeing nothing but clouds lol. She's sticking with her muscle cars, which is cool with me, at least she's into cars. Are you putting a winch on it? You should do the "JDM" hood scoop, something like this (mine was a Mustang hood scoop)

1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Next mission is to sell my trailer and find a 35' gooseneck to pull behind the new F250.
    When you go to sell the trailer, make sure you advertise it here. I may be interested. I'll even come pick it up since Wifey & I have been talking about visiting Charleston for a long time now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Nice, very nice. I would love a RS of the 93 or 89 flavor.

And cupholders? Come on! Isuzu should have changed their slogan from "Go Farther" to "No Cup Holders".

Bart

PS - My Isuzu dream garage:

[ ] 2004 Isuzu Axiom
    [x] 2001 Ebony VehiCROSS
    [ ] 2001 Kaiser VehiCROSS
    [ ] 2001 Foxfire VehiCROSS
    [ ] 1999/2001 Isuzu Trooper
    [ ] 1993 Isuzu Trooper RS
    [x] 1991 Isuzu Trooper 4-door
    [ ] 1989 Isuzu Trooper RS
    [ ] 1989 Black Isuzu Impulse Turbo
    [x] 1987 Isuzu Impulse Turbo RS Special Edition
    [ ] 1985/6 Isuzu Trooper Diesel 2-door

I think that would be pretty a pretty sweet collection.

You need to have a 99' Astral on there Bart, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    When you go to sell the trailer, make sure you advertise it here. I may be interested. I'll even come pick it up since Wifey & I have been talking about visiting Charleston for a long time now.
    I posted it up on the planet since no one really lives close to me. But here ya go:
    http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=42859

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Nice, very nice. I would love a RS of the 93 or 89 flavor.

And cupholders? Come on! Isuzu should have changed their slogan from "Go Farther" to "No Cup Holders".

Bart

PS - My Isuzu dream garage:

[ ] 2004 Isuzu Axiom
    [x] 2001 Ebony VehiCROSS
    [ ] 2001 Kaiser VehiCROSS
    [ ] 2001 Foxfire VehiCROSS
    [ ] 1999/2001 Isuzu Trooper
    [ ] 1993 Isuzu Trooper RS
    [x] 1991 Isuzu Trooper 4-door
    [ ] 1989 Isuzu Trooper RS
    [ ] 1989 Black Isuzu Impulse Turbo
    [x] 1987 Isuzu Impulse Turbo RS Special Edition
    [ ] 1985/6 Isuzu Trooper Diesel 2-door

I think that would be pretty a pretty sweet collection.
    Umm, if I had admin access, I would fix your list, you are missing Proton, I am sure it was just an alcohol induced oversight.

Very cool! Look's like it's in good shape. Cant wait to see it next year.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

I just did an insurance quote for it for liability, they listed it as having auto seatbelts, Big Swede, wanna chime in on that since its almost identical to yours?
    I don't even know what those are...mine are standard 3-point seatbelts, pull it over your shoulder and click it.

I know for dang sure my insurance company never asked me about it...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    You need to have a 99' Astral on there Bart, lol.
    Honestly, one of every color would be ideal...but...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    I don't even know what those are...mine are standard 3-point seatbelts, pull it over your shoulder and click it.

I know for dang sure my insurance company never asked me about it...
    Funny, the 89 Impulse I took for a test drive had "auto seatbelts". You know, the kind that retract when you open the door and then strap back over your chest when you sit down....a lot of late 80s Japanese cars had them. My brother-in-law's old Honda Civic had them, iirc. I was surprised and relieved when I got in the 87; it has regualar seat belts. I think the automatic ones can be problematic.

Bart