Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is this a good eal or bad deal? *warnning lots of pics*

Looks good to me. I think you have a keeper.

I've seen some quiet mufflers look a lot worse. If it's not making noise now, who knows, you might get 2 more years or more on it. Figure to pay $350 for a good cat-back system. On a used car, the exhaust is probably the last thing I worry about when buying a car.

Salvage titles, Crashed, Raced, Odometer Rollback, Engine Condition, TOD Tranny conditon, CV Joints, Windows, AC, Tires. Those are items I'm concerned with. Pay a mechanic to do a thorough check, and one of the fam to check the VX stuff.

If it checks out, you got a great deal. Looks like some good tread, you get a rack and side vent visors, plus bonus - the leather seats and armrest are not cracked or torn. There's 108,935 on the odometer. I'm guessing it may be one-owner as used car buyers are more likely to use independent mechanics. Not that I would ever have anything done at the dealership, it's a good sign that the repairs were done there. Check the receipt to see that everything has been done. And don't sweat having to pick up the car, it's pretty much mandatory when looking at these.

Welcome to the addiction. Good Luck with the truck; hope you have a safe, fun ride home.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

Hey Surf- Did you end up getting this one yet?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    My undercarriage (and most other areas too) is always covered with an orangish coating....
    You might want to go to a doc about that.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

looks good to me too

Kat is right about the orange AZ dust. If carfax comes out OK I would think a safe good deal.

Not that carfax is that good but worth it for free.

I think you'll be fine. The underside of my VX looks like that, being a Chicago VX originally. Rusted exhaust pipes are one thing, frame rot is another, so as long as the frame is solid, you should be fine, and for $5,500 you can't go wrong. Just MAKE SURE you check your oil AT EVERY GAS STATION STOP. Do not neglect the oil and you will be just fine! Congrats and welcome.

Bart

PS - I know EXACTLY what you mean about import car forums and the douche-bags who like to flex their "knowledge" by putting down noobs. Not here, you're in the right spot.