Thread: Tire Wheel Opinion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    B. 295/45R20 (30.5" O.D./39 lbs)
    These are very wide at 295 series width, and will likely rub which will require a tad bit of cladding trim. However, they will look totally bad-@ss once fitted on the VX and give the VX a much wider, meaner stance. If you are willing to trim a little bit of the inner cladding, then this would be my recommendation.
    I would strongly recommend against a 295 width on that particular rim. The offset is "0" which means the inside of your wheel will sit 38mm out farther than stock. Add onto that an additional 50mm of section width over OEM tires, and you're going to have a MUCH larger swing arc, therefore requiring signficant trimming. I'm only running 265 width tires but because my offset is 40mm wider than stock, I've had to do at least as much trimming as those running 285's on stock rims. If you're trying to lean more towards sport than offroad, chopping up your cladding to fit tires that will likely stick out several inches from the body would (IMHO) look more ricey than sporty.

Riff's Option A is almost certainly a better choice.

Before you get too excited give tire rack a call. Last time I tried to order ultra marauder wheels from them in a six lug application for a customer, they only has 2 wheels left.

If they are available, the smaller your tire the better with that zero offset the better. These wheels are much wider than factory probably. The 38mm difference in offset is assuming the same width. In reality it's higher than that by half of the width difference of the wheels from factory. So an 8" wide wheel is roughly 36 mm wider to begin with. So half of that, 16mm plus the 38mm offset difference.

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"