Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 99 Dying - CHECK YOUR OIL

all right...my crazy winter is over and i'm back on USA soil. Still got the VX in the garage. Swapping out a motor project is on my short list. in search of a salvage axiom motor for cheap...or will have to wait till i get more dough and buy a long block.
    If anyone knows of any good resources, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by onetraxmine View Post
    Well...Guess I'm just looking for some advice. After being a dilligent oil checker and proud VX owner for 4 years, I laspsed. Too many extraneous things going on (divorce, surguries, last parent about to pass, forclosure).

With all my drama, I lapsed in checking my oil (although it was not burning alot recently). It got a bottom end knock last Tues. After checking, it needed 3.5 qts of oil. I then changed it and there were shavings in it. It'll need a new engine shortly. At least for the immediate future, I do not have the 3-6K it'll take to do that.

It was my remaining "pride and joy" possesion. I'd really love to save it and I may still try (even if i have to garage it for awhile to come up w the $). But with everything else, it might have to go.

Guess I'm just checking on my options. Any budget swaps doable?
    Any ideas on a price for selling it as is? Any thoughts on what parting it might bring?

p.s. - CHECK YOUR #$*&^ OIL
    what would you like to get for it? black is what i'm currently looking for and if your desired price gives me the flexibility to get the work that needs to be done completed, I might be a buyer for you.
    If not, check Ebay. You could browse on there for a new or remanufactured short block for under $2,000.
    Last edited by H3_VX : 05/10/2011 at 07:26 PM
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

I'm not willing to part with her yet. However, i did give myself a dead line of end of June to get rolling on the project. If it's not started in the next month or so, I'll be getting rid of her. I'll contact you first if it goes down that way.

Check car-part.com...there are some salvage Axiom engines there. Maybe one will work for you? Good luck with the build!

Quote Originally Posted by onetraxmine View Post
    I'm not willing to part with her yet. However, i did give myself a dead line of end of June to get rolling on the project. If it's not started in the next month or so, I'll be getting rid of her. I'll contact you first if it goes down that way.
    ok, June is my birthday too. would be a good b-day present for myself. LOL!
    Last edited by H3_VX : 05/11/2011 at 07:23 AM