Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darn ABS light

Darn ABS light

Well lit up this weekend. Now a member of all the other VXs that are driving with that issue.
    Scott

yep, me too. thought the locking them up when ever the road were slippy would prevent it,... it didn't
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Pull the bulb, voila, no more abs light
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Pull the bulb, voila, no more abs light
    Nah, here's an even easier solution-- just put a small piece of black electrician's tape over the ABS indicator light. Simple.

very true, I'd still pull the bulb, it's not that hard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    very true, I'd still pull the bulb, it's not that hard lol.
    Nope; I'd still use the black electrician's tape and just tape-over the ABS indicator light, and here's why:

If the ABS indicator light is a temporary or intermittent problem, then you can quickly check periodically by simply lifting up the tape to see if the light's still illuminated. Over a period of time; if the ABS light magically fixes itself someday or goes back out on its own, then you'd quickly know.

By permanently removing the bulb would prevent you from periodically checking to see if the problem has gone away. My vote is to use the black electrician's tape, and pray that the ABS light is only a temporary malfunction.

Scott-- Perhaps disconnect the VX battery overnight, and then re-connect the battery in the morning may "re-set" things back to normal. Just a thought and it's worth a try.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    My vote is to use the black electrician's tape, and pray that the ABS light is only a temporary malfunction.
    Oh absolutely...

My invisible mechanic in the sky routinely fixes stuff on my truck, I'm even trying (praying) to work out a deal where he installs my gears & locker & I'll do something nice for an older person in need...

I wouldn't remove it the first time it came on, but if it doesn't go out in a week or two it's very unlikely it's gonna disappear (if you've already tried disconnecting the battery to reset the computer etc). And honestly, if it goes out, so what? That's a good thing isn't it? So if the bulb was out of the cluster and it fixes itself, well good, now you have ABS, but if it malfunctions again, no light. You should always drive prepared anyways IMO. If you change your driving habits when the light goes off because you think you don't have ABS anymore, I'd think your driving safer to begin with.
    Last edited by RamAirZ : 08/22/2010 at 11:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Oh absolutely...

My invisible mechanic in the sky routinely fixes stuff on my truck, I'm even trying (praying) to work out a deal where he installs my gears & locker & I'll do something nice for an older person in need...
    Oh I get it now, that explains it!! ......that must be the same invisible mechanic that goobered my cladding....guess they don't always do good deeds, eh?

RAM- Your explanation /logic makes sense to me
    I'm just sittin' 'n a waiting' 'till my ABS light finally comes on and I can join the majority here!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Oh I get it now, that explains it!! ......that must be the same invisible mechanic that goobered my cladding....guess they don't always do good deeds, eh?
    Nope...what you are describing iz Gremlins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Nope...what you are describing iz Gremlins.
    Ohhh, I've heard of them..... so now I can still hope the invisible mechanic comes and fixes my goobered cladding! Actually between the pressure sprayer and Luna-X, I may just not need this invisible mechanic you speak of....er, um, .... maybe Luna is the invisible mechanic??

Ya I'm waiting for mine to come on one day. Hoping it's a long time off though. I need to set of a smoke bomb to keep those gremlins away, they are nasty little buggers! I don't have an invisibly mechanic I get stuck getting all greasy and dirty on my own, but I end up being the "invisible" mechanic for everyone else
    Last edited by RamAirZ : 08/22/2010 at 11:32 PM

My ABS light is on. I have 2 backups from parted out VX's, now I just have to replace it. My plan is to take my broken out and sent it off to have it rebuilt ($100) and just keep cycling them in if they keep breaking.

Something in my DNA code wont allow me to be ok with something just being broken.....I have to fix it. But I am not in a HUGE hurry....it has been on for almost a year.

I'll take the advise to pull the battery cable and see what happens. But has anyone here had success resolving an ABS light by that method? If the module is acting up I would think that resetting the computer would only be a temporary fix.

i dont use tape on the plastic ..i use one of those cling on window stickers they give you at a oil change place.. then cut it down to cover the light ..it still glows alittle bit through the sticker and it doesnt mess up the plastic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...