Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab XIV 17May-21May 2011

Too many words MeowMix, I took the liberty of slimming down your ad to get quicker responses:

Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    ...Those weekend flings ... are fun ... anyone ... care to join ... for a weekend of drinking and gambling and other such shenanigans? ... Anyone ... want to share a room in Moab? ... I'm 26 and ... sleep just about anywhere...
    J/k...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Too many words MeowMix, I took the liberty of slimming down your ad to get quicker responses:

J/k...

Awesome Ashley!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    meowmix-
    dont be worried at all about doing easy trails. Once you are in MOAB and you see how we run it, everything will make more sense to you.

Daily, there are different groups of people who choose trails that they would like to do and we all break up our separate ways. Some choose difficult trails and others pick easier or more scenic trails.

There are plenty of people who go out to moab in a stock VX with no issues at all (although most upgrade their VX after their first trip to moab ). And on the majority of the difficult trails there are always bypasses as well, which its always fun to watch the big boys try the big stuff

Just always feel free to ask a veteran or trail leader if the trail they are doing that day has bypasses, we generally know how the trails pan out and if a stock VX can handle it. If you feel uncomfortable, feel free to come ask me, i dont consider myself a veteran, but i have been on most of the trails that the group does. My name is Jack.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Just a thought Ms Meow...

If you can get to Moab on the 16th, you will be able to join in the VX "MASS" run on the 17th.....

Its a great way to get comfortable on an easy trail....meet / greet and bond with everyone,
    and hook up with others of similar experience and 'ambitions' for the rest of the week...

...and of course, have a brew on the "Stoop" after!

Look fwd to meeting you.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Just a thought Ms Meow...

If you can get to Moab on the 16th, you will be able to join in the VX "MASS" run on the 17th.....

Its a great way to get comfortable on an easy trail....meet / greet and bond with everyone,
    and hook up with others of similar experience and 'ambitions' for the rest of the week...

...and of course, have a brew on the "Stoop" after!

Look fwd to meeting you.

jo
    Yah...what him say.....

That's a group shot of (L-R) Me, Jo, & Scott...hangin' on the stoop getting "stoopified"...

This is what Justin (Zeus) looks like...

Meow, you won't need to worry about finding the right line. Just find someone that is similarly equiped and follow them. Some hood examples are Sue (VX Kat), Mark (MSHardeman), or Scott (Moncha...aka the boss man). They all have fun on the trail but tend to be a little saner in choosing their lines. Also at any point if you don't feel comfortably just give a holler amd there are many of uw that will be more than happy to spot you through a difficult spot. You will be amazed at what even a bone stock VX is capable of!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post

J/k...
    Lol...good work VT; I ought to get plenty of responses now, lol. Can't help my lengthy posts sometimes -- I'm a writer. I like to write stuff, anything; sometimes too much stuff. Though I'll try to mind my gigantic paragraphs of complete BS from now on...

Thanks everyone for the comforting words, I was already feeling mild anxiety about going offroad, though I feel somewhat better now, lol. If others can do it in a stock VX, I can do it in a stock VX

...I will definitely be there for the mass VX run on the 17th. I'll probably leave Vegas the evening of the 16th, and Moab isn't a far drive.

Lol at your representations of yourself and other forum people Dub; I especially like that little dancing banana. I can't wait until I can legitimately use that thing in a post one day...that will be a satisfactory day.

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    I'm sorry to ask such a silly question....but could someone please tell me what this "Moab" thing is? I just bought a VX 3 days ago and seriously look forward to meeting other enthusiasts and learning more about the "obsession".

I can't wait until I can legitimately use that thing in a post one day...that will be a satisfactory day.
    All you have to do is commit and click!

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    I'm sorry to ask such a silly question....but could someone please tell me what this "Moab" thing is? I just bought a VX 3 days ago and seriously look forward to meeting other enthusiasts and learning more about the "obsession".

It's Moab, Utah, a beautiful area of natural rock formations, sand, water crossings and other beautiful scenery which is a mecca for off-roading enthusiasts. Arches National Park and Canyonland State Park are right next to it. A lot of the rock is often a smoother surface rock, thus it's called "slickrock", and it's kind of a cinnamon orange color. Check out my gallery or Moncha's there's about a 500 pics from the past Moab trips. Many Isuzu enthusiasts go in May, I think this year it's about year 11, 12 or 13.

It is the greatest thing on earth!
    Okay, so actually it is a gathering of Isuzu enthusiests that enjoy good company and fun offroad trips in Moab, Utah.
    Here are a few threads to paruse that might give you an idea...
    Zuzoo 2010
    Zuzoo 2009
    A little video from '06

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

The best I can do, is reiterate a long ago thread that I started...it's all about what Moab means to me, and to many of the others whom I have become as close to as any bio brothers &/or sisters I was born to...

You can't possibly imagine...till you've experienced that which we call "ZuZoo"...

Read on...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...highlight=Moab

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Yah...what him say.....

That's a group shot of (L-R) Me, Jo, & Scott...hangin' on the stoop getting "stoopified"...

This is what Justin (Zeus) looks like...

but Dubzzy, what about me? (I couldn't decide which one) and VX Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Meow, you won't need to worry about finding the right line. Just find someone that is similarly equiped and follow them. Some hood examples are Sue (VX Kat), Mark (MSHardeman), or Scott (Moncha...aka the boss man). They all have fun on the trail but tend to be a little saner in choosing their lines. Also at any point if you don't feel comfortably just give a holler amd there are many of uw that will be more than happy to spot you through a difficult spot. You will be amazed at what even a bone stock VX is capable of!

Yup! I stick real tight to Mark and Scott's rear end, both are excellent spotters!
    Although all 3 of us do have slightly larger than stock tires, so we have a wee bit more clearance. I believe mine was about 1 1/4" higher with my 285s. The first year as fully stock, I did get some scrapes both front and rear, so ya gotta keep in mind that Billy's idea of difficulty and normal people's are vastly different. This is a "bumpy" road for Billy....

Lol...good work VT; I ought to get plenty of responses now, lol. Can't help my lengthy posts sometimes -- I'm a writer. I like to write stuff, anything; sometimes too much stuff. Though I'll try to mind my gigantic paragraphs of complete BS from now on...

Thanks everyone for the comforting words, I was already feeling mild anxiety about going offroad, though I feel somewhat better now, lol. If others can do it in a stock VX, I can do it in a stock VX

...I will definitely be there for the mass VX run on the 17th. I'll probably leave Vegas the evening of the 16th, and Moab isn't a far drive.

Lol at your representations of yourself and other forum people Dub; I especially like that little dancing banana. I can't wait until I can legitimately use that thing in a post one day...that will be a satisfactory day.
    The thing about the dancin' nanner is..., um, er....ya see, um, um, Justin actually did look like that! (dang, tried to find the pic with no luck...DUB, can you find it??)

They are all just "bumpy roads"...

...just some of the bumps are a bit larger!

oh, this wasn't bumpy at all, just a little sand and a puddle...