Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab XIV 17May-21May 2011

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    but Dubzzy, what about me? (I couldn't decide which one) and VX Crazy

Ummmmmm...hey, gimmie a break here...

I couldn't find any crazee cave WENCH smilies.....

The thing about the dancin' nanner is..., um, er....ya see, um, um, Justin actually did look like that! (dang, tried to find the pic with no luck...DUB, can you find it??)
    Seriously...

Can I find a pic????...

R U F'N S'n ME?...

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    oh, this wasn't bumpy at all, just a little sand and a puddle...
    Well actually there was a bump on the other side of the puddle and sand that I was attempting to get up...

...unfortunately I sank in said puddle and sand prior to conquering the bump!

But someone had to try it!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Seriously?! Those trails look terrifying...the rocks are taller than the skirts of my VX! I might scratch her! O noes!!! Maybe I should get a lift before I head to Moab...but I don't know anything about lifts yet, shoot! I need to research mods before I do them...much to think about.

...and that banana suit is fking awesome!

[QUOTE=MeowMix;228123]Seriously?! Those trails look terrifying...the rocks are taller than the skirts of my VX! I might scratch her! O noes!!! Maybe I should get a lift before I head to Moab...but I don't know anything about lifts yet, shoot! I need to research mods before I do them...much to think about. /QUOTE]

Trust me, it is all about the right line. With a good spotter you will have no problems. I will have you crawling over boulders like a pro.

[QUOTE=Triathlete;228130]
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    Seriously?! Those trails look terrifying...the rocks are taller than the skirts of my VX! I might scratch her! O noes!!! Maybe I should get a lift before I head to Moab...but I don't know anything about lifts yet, shoot! I need to research mods before I do them...much to think about. /QUOTE]

Trust me, it is all about the right line. With a good spotter you will have no problems. I will have you crawling over boulders like a pro.
    In all fairness though Billy, sometimes no line can overcome gravity....this is the one that flattened my bull bar tubing and scratched the rear cladding coming out of it...two years in a row.....but I'm ready for her this year...no bull bar, and a superbumper on the back! Seriously MeowMix, the pic doesn't do it justice...full brakes applied and you still skid down this hill, and plow into the rock, it's awesome! This was my first year, all stock. Now was this on Hell's Revenge or Fins & Things?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Just say the word...

Maybe I should get a lift before I head to Moab...but I don't know anything about lifts yet, shoot! I need to research mods before I do them...much to think about.

...and that banana suit is fking awesome!

...and I'll bring a spare set of 912 springs.

We'll lift ya, torsion bar ya...and do it with a cocktail in the other hand.

Seriously..I have the springs...PM me if youre game!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Just say the word...

...and I'll bring a spare set of 912 springs.

We'll lift ya, torsion bar ya...and do it with a cocktail in the other hand.

Seriously..I have the springs...PM me if youre game!

jo
    Really? You just have spare springs laying around? I thought there was more to lifting than springs. I'm used to lowering...know all about it. Though when it comes to 4WD vehicles, I'm just plain dumb. I know zero about lifting...but I trust you know what's what, lol. I'm in so long as my short little butt can still hop up into my seat I'll PM you for the details. Oh and you'd better believe I'll be making some cocktails...so be ready to do exactly what's stated above.

...and Sue, that picture is unnerving. I'll probably have nightmares tonight, lol. I think I'll bypass that rock hill thing thanks.

...and Sue, that picture is unnerving. I'll probably have nightmares tonight, lol. I think I'll bypass that rock hill thing thanks.
    Here's a post I found were I gave some other quick pics/examples to give you kinda feel for some of the trails, rocks, obstacles, views.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...8&postcount=63

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I am surprised no one else has warned Meowmix yet......DO NOT FOLLOW A CERTAIN KAISER VX WITH A MISSING SIDE BAR AND A ROOF RACK......I REPEAT...DO NOT take ANY lines he takes........
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    I am surprised no one else has warned Meowmix yet......DO NOT FOLLOW A CERTAIN KAISER VX WITH A MISSING SIDE BAR STRAPPED TO THE ROOF RACK......I REPEAT...DO NOT take ANY lines he takes........
    Fixted it 4 U...

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Yes Larry.....what about Sue and I????????? How could you leave us out?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post

Yes Larry.....what about Sue and I????????? How could you leave us out?
    Read the RED letters in this post...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...&postcount=256

MeowMix, like others have said (thanks Billy) I tend to drive like a little 'ol grandma going to church on Sunday when I'm offroad. I DO NOT want to scratch my baby, but it does happen. Vicki (my VX) does have a few trail scar's that she wears with pride (chicks with scar's are HOT). I am lifted, but I still take my sweet time over most obstacles. Don't let the pictures of the terrain out there spook you, although I have to say that at the beginning of the first trail every year, my knees are usually knocking, but once I get back into it it's just so dang much fun. Also, like others have said, you will be amazed at what a bone stock VX can do as long as you TRUST YOUR SPOTTERS. They are outside the car and can see things that you can't so even if it doesn't look right from inside the VX it IS right so just go for it......slowly. Go easy on the skinny pedal AND the brake pedal.

Oddly enough I WILL be in Vegas from May 12th - 15th for a soccer tournament. I won't be driving the VX out, but if you want to meet up for some debauchery then the team I play with is the one you want to hang out with. OOF!! I'll be heading back to Grand Junction, CO to drop off the rental car and pick up the VX, then head right back to Moab LATE Sunday night/ early Monday morning. You can follow me to the Moab turn off if you would like on Sunday afternoon.

After VTMav's editing of your post I'm a little reluctant to post this, but I have a room at The Stoop (The Red Rocks Lodge) that you are welcome to crash in (I'm a total gentleman......I promise). Actually since I won't be there until so late Sunday night you are more than welcome to check in early if you would like a place to take a nap, grab a shower, or sleep off anything that might happen on The Stoop on Sunday afternoon. I can let the Red Rocks know that you will be checking in ahead of me, and it will allow me to make sure that the room is open when I get there. Last year I pulled into town at 1am and there was no key on the front door of the Lodge so I had to wake some poor sap up to let me into my room.

NOW who's writing a novel?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Jeezzz, that Mark dude sleeps around, last year he bunked with Lisa, now he's trying to hit up MeowMix.....'cuz Lisa is hooked up, tangled up, and all that with another VXer and he's her #1 snugglebunny........way better than just "bunkin'" with Mark.....

jus' messin' witcha gang!
    I be giddy with Moab euphoria.....and it's very contagious!

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    MeowMix, like others have said (thanks Billy) I tend to drive like a little 'ol grandma going to church on Sunday when I'm offroad. I DO NOT want to scratch my baby, but it does happen. Vicki (my VX) does have a few trail scar's that she wears with pride (chicks with scar's are HOT). I am lifted, but I still take my sweet time over most obstacles.
    I stayed real close to Mark's rear end last year, and he takes great lines, looks almost like it's in slow motion, it's so fluid and gentle, he's awesome! Took all these pics from right behind him!