Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab XIV 17May-21May 2011

WOW, thanks Sue. Better not let me spot you this year.... I might "accidentally" spot you into a rock. KIDDING, it's all in good fun, and yes the giddy Moab fever is contagious. I can't sit still knowing that Moab is so close.

I was raised in the South so my momma taught me right. Ask last years bunk mate; she came through, relatively, unscathed.

On another note: MeowMix, lifting a VX at The Stoop is a time honored tradition. A few years ago Dub and Jay lifted my VX right there in the Red Rocks parking lot and I haven't looked back. Good times, good times.....

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Dang Sue, now you're making me feel bad for my hatin' post. Thanks for the complements. I always feel like I'm just banging around off-road.

Those are some great pics. I'll need to get them from you at some point in time.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Jeezzz, that Mark dude sleeps around, last year he bunked with Lisa, now he's trying to hit up MeowMix.....'cuz Lisa is hooked up, tangled up, and all that with another VXer and he's her #1 snugglebunny........way better than just "bunkin'" with Mark.....

jus' messin' witcha gang!
    I be giddy with Moab euphoria.....and it's very contagious!
    ROFL.....AND lets not forget Mark bunked with another girl a few years prior to that......her name is on the tip of my tongue and I just cant think of it.....
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post

Anybody think we should tell Dub he's got a VX on his head?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

KASHIA - ^yal here on the site. I wonder how she's doing.

What can I say; I gets around. Women are so much better to bunk with anyway (had a couple of female room mates). Not as much belching or other bodily noises as most dudes.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    KASHIA - ^yal here on the site. I wonder how she's doing.

What can I say; I gets around. Women are so much better to bunk with anyway (had a couple of female room mates). Not as much belching or other bodily noises as most dudes.
    AND Mark is a good roomie too.....no snoring or other noises you hear from most guys......and he DID stay in his own bed, so there was no sleep walking either LOL

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hi meowMix...

here is the PM I sent you.

I'll post it here too..so that others can chime in if I forgot anything....

=====

Hiya

Its really fairly easy, and as you can see from the pics put up...it can be done at the Red Rock Motel "Stoop"

The basics are..

1) Jack up rear of VX, take out standard springs, put in the 912 after market springs....not a huge job.
    This will lift the back by about 2.5 inches

2) Index mark the torsion bar adjuster bolts, crank on them equally using the index marks as a reference....
    ...keep cranking until desired lift of front is achieved.

3) Book the Vx into a local tire store and get an alignment done.

Thats about it!

If you are going to do this, a good plan is to start spraying your torsion bar bolts with anti-seize NOW, and a few times before you arrive in Moab.

As for the effect on other parts, experiences vary.
    The only real issue has been CV boots tearing. This happens because the boots become accustomed to a set angle, and the lifting stresses them.
    It does not happen all the time.

Cost wise...About $150 (springs) plus the alignment charge.

Hope this helps. I will be bringing the springs anyway...
    ...so you don't have to decide until you get to Moab ... but do spray the T/Bolts just in case!

I'll post this on the thread too...so if I have forgotten anything others can chime in.

ATB

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Hi meowMix...

here is the PM I sent you.

I'll post this on the thread too...so if I have forgotten anything others can chime in.

ATB

Jo
    Jackstands...detach lower shock mount...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Anybody think we should tell Dub he's got a VX on his head?
    I was born that way, thank you very much...

... .... ...

WOW! I missed a lot here!

Meowser, since you mentioned you may have tires in need of replacement and that you may be game to lift your VX while in Moab... do it all at once! Wear out your current tires on your way to Vegas and into Moab then let the gang at the stoop get you lifted. After that you are free to pick out some larger meats, get an alignment, and we can trim your cladding for you where needed. Hit the trail in style and blow everyone away with your newly fashioned VX when you get back home!

BTW, on your way to Vegas if you need a place to crash in Salt Lake lemme know...
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

MeowMix, like others have said (thanks Billy) I tend to drive like a little 'ol grandma going to church on Sunday when I'm offroad. I DO NOT want to scratch my baby, but it does happen. Vicki (my VX) does have a few trail scar's that she wears with pride (chicks with scar's are HOT). I am lifted, but I still take my sweet time over most obstacles. Don't let the pictures of the terrain out there spook you, although I have to say that at the beginning of the first trail every year, my knees are usually knocking, but once I get back into it it's just so dang much fun. Also, like others have said, you will be amazed at what a bone stock VX can do as long as you TRUST YOUR SPOTTERS. They are outside the car and can see things that you can't so even if it doesn't look right from inside the VX it IS right so just go for it......slowly. Go easy on the skinny pedal AND the brake pedal.
    Thanks for the advice Mark, and I'm thinking I'll probably follow somewhere closeby where you are on the trails, if not directly behind you, lol. While a small scratch or ding here or there is fun, as then you'll have awesome stories to tell, a whole chunk of cladding torn off is not very much fun.

Oddly enough I WILL be in Vegas from May 12th - 15th for a soccer tournament. I won't be driving the VX out, but if you want to meet up for some debauchery then the team I play with is the one you want to hang out with. OOF!! I'll be heading back to Grand Junction, CO to drop off the rental car and pick up the VX, then head right back to Moab LATE Sunday night/ early Monday morning. You can follow me to the Moab turn off if you would like on Sunday afternoon.
    How awesome that you'll be in Vegas for the weekend! My friend in MT wasn't able to get the time off afterall...though I'm working on seeing who else I can get to show up for the weekend -- I don't want to call off the Vegas portion of my vacation

...regardless though, I'll still head south to Moab.

After VTMav's editing of your post I'm a little reluctant to post this, but I have a room at The Stoop (The Red Rocks Lodge) that you are welcome to crash in (I'm a total gentleman......I promise). Actually since I won't be there until so late Sunday night you are more than welcome to check in early if you would like a place to take a nap, grab a shower, or sleep off anything that might happen on The Stoop on Sunday afternoon. I can let the Red Rocks know that you will be checking in ahead of me, and it will allow me to make sure that the room is open when I get there. Last year I pulled into town at 1am and there was no key on the front door of the Lodge so I had to wake some poor sap up to let me into my room.
    Lol...no worries, I don't expect many people, if any at all on the forum to have bad intentions, and especially not someone who has a fairly significant presence here. I appreciate your offer Mike, and I may just have to take you up on it. You can put another notch on your Moab roommate belt after this year, ha.

On another note: MeowMix, lifting a VX at The Stoop is a time honored tradition. A few years ago Dub and Jay lifted my VX right there in the Red Rocks parking lot and I haven't looked back. Good times, good times...
    Yay! Perhaps I get to be the one to partake in this "time honored tradition" this year...sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    AND Mark is a good roomie too.....no snoring or other noises you hear from most guys......and he DID stay in his own bed, so there was no sleep walking either LOL
    Good to know Mark is an acceptable roomie. Thanks for the confirmation Lisa, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    WOW! I missed a lot here!

Meowser, since you mentioned you may have tires in need of replacement and that you may be game to lift your VX while in Moab... do it all at once! Wear out your current tires on your way to Vegas and into Moab then let the gang at the stoop get you lifted. After that you are free to pick out some larger meats, get an alignment, and we can trim your cladding for you where needed. Hit the trail in style and blow everyone away with your newly fashioned VX when you get back home!

BTW, on your way to Vegas if you need a place to crash in Salt Lake lemme know...
    Again, I may not get to go to Vegas afterall; no drinking, gambling, and strippers...sad day Though there will still be Moab!!! And I do appreciate the offer, though I actually have a buddy who lives in SLC to stay with...in fact I'm planning on visiting him on the way home, assuming he isn't too busy with school. It's nice to be on a semester schedule -- nobody else is done with spring term, but I am! Ha.

And yes, those tires of mine still have around 25 or 30% tread, though they're clearly a retread, as you can see where they glued the new tread on...so ugly! My friends that work at Discount tire up here in Spokane are going to give me a hard time, but I should totally invest in tires while I'm in Moab. As far as trimming cladding...that sounds frightening!

Again, I may not get to go to Vegas afterall; no drinking, gambling, and strippers...sad day Though there will still be Moab!!!

Ummmm all that takes place in Moab, no need to go to Vegas for it!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Ummmm all that takes place in Moab, no need to go to Vegas for it!
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yes indeed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Jackstands...detach lower shock mount...
    ...and for those important bits.... ya need to cross Dub's palm with a cocktail!

I think we should 'time' it this year...and set up a yearly competion.

The Pit Stop Stoopery Challenge

jo

Metal Masher Sunday?
    I am sure we can find something for Jo to "test" the new sliders on!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)