Quote Originally Posted by djvx View Post
1389mi from home, thats 2778 miles just to and from. Thats insane.I get 12 miles to the gallon so thats 231 gallons of gas x 4 bucks a gallon = $924. Ouch. I should just fly out there and be someone's wingman.
Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
12 mpg? That seems low, my old 99 Trooper did a lot better than that with the same drivetrain.

I am driving from Minneapolis, but I get more like 16 mpg, sometimes better.
My VX gets 12ish city and high 13s on freeway with 34s. Bigswede, didyour 99 troop have 4.56 or 4.30s?. My wife's RS definitely gets better mpg than the VX. (maybe the 3.2 has something to do with it?)

We made the trip from charleston, SC to Moab 2 years ago. I towed the VX behind my Expedition. Got somewhere around 10mpg average.

If I was doing it this year, with the diesel F250, it would be somewhere around 1800in fuel. Plus an oil change in that truck costs me about 150 since it holds 4 gallons of oil 1 gal rotella synthetic is 23 bucks, filter is 20 bucks) Just to drive to Moab would cost me well over 2K, that doesn't include all of the hotels and whatnot. That is why we are going to the Bahamas next weekend instead