Thread: Moab XIV 17May-21May 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm like "going to Disney world" excited right now. have a tent site at pack creek from sat through wed, and wll probably splurge on a hotel for the rest of the week... Man, Ive been spending like crazy this last week on all sorts of things i thought id use in moab (and the zombie apocalypse) but never got around to buying til now..

Hows the weather in UT in May?

Any folks leaving colorado Saturday or maybe Sunday and want a complete stranger in the convoy? I even bought a shiny new cb radio to talk to truckers...oh wait, that sounds weird.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

Quote Originally Posted by spaceCADETzoom View Post
    I even bought a shiny new cb radio to talk to truckers...oh wait, that sounds weird.
    This reminds me...are y'all using CBs this year? I think I might have one laying around in storage somewhere if I remember correctly...it's about as old as I am, but it'll do the trick.

...and that totally doesn't sound weird. I'll probably do the same thing.

I'm like "going to Disney world" excited right now. have a tent site at pack creek from sat through wed, and wll probably splurge on a hotel for the rest of the week... Man, Ive been spending like crazy this last week on all sorts of things i thought id use in moab (and the zombie apocalypse) but never got around to buying til now..

Any folks leaving colorado Saturday or maybe Sunday and want a complete stranger in the convoy? I even bought a shiny new cb radio to talk to truckers...oh wait, that sounds weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    This reminds me...are y'all using CBs this year? I think I might have one laying around in storage somewhere if I remember correctly...it's about as old as I am, but it'll do the trick.

...and that totally doesn't sound weird. I'll probably do the same thing.
    Expect mid 80s (minimum) for daytime, mid 50s night...it's hot....bring lots of water every day...thus my new storage cubbies for two 1 liter water bottles.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USUT0165

You guys better review the Moab checklists:
    CB is a must.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=20351

pbkid (Jack), NocturnalVX (Gill and CeCe) and BigSwede (Steve) and I think a few other VXers are forming a small convoy out of Denver I believe.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...&postcount=230
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/05/2011 at 12:28 AM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Anything from the 40s at night to the 90s by day is possible...if you are camping bring a warm sleeping bag, seriously.

A few of us will be having breakfast at the Dennys at I-70 and Kipling (in Wheat Ridge? west side of Denver) on Sunday morning, heading for Moab from there. Not sure who all will be there, Gill & CeCe in a VX, I'll be in my Trooper are all I know for sure. I thought Jack was heading over Saturday?
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    if you are insterested in heading out Saturday, thats when im leaving, and i will have my CB up and running by then.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Anything from the 40s at night to the 90s by day is possible...if you are camping bring a warm sleeping bag, seriously.

A few of us will be having breakfast at the Dennys at I-70 and Kipling (in Wheat Ridge? west side of Denver) on Sunday morning, heading for Moab from there. Not sure who all will be there, Gill & CeCe in a VX, I'll be in my Trooper are all I know for sure. I thought Jack was heading over Saturday?
    yup, ive seen it raining and 30 in moab, all the way above 100.

Im headed out saturday morning early, for anyone driving through I dont mind having a mini convoy, just incase something crazy happens
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    Im headed out saturday morning early, for anyone driving through I dont mind having a mini convoy, just incase something crazy happens
    Ugh, you morning people.

I'll probably be leaving Aurora sometime between 10am and noon saturday. I dont do mornings LOL.
    --Dave

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    Ugh, you morning people.

I'll probably be leaving Aurora sometime between 10am and noon saturday. I dont do mornings LOL.
    Gizmo, I could be convinced to get outta town around 10. Im just down the road from you in centennial.

Let me know if 10 would work for ya.

Gizmo, I could be convinced to get outta town around 10. Im just down the road from you in centennial.

Sounds cool. Hopefully I'll be ready by then. Should have pretty much everything packed friday night so shouldnt take too long. Never seem to get going as fast as I plan though LOL.

I'm just south of Quincey on Parker Rd (I prefer to call it North Centenial haha). I'll PM you my cell number. We can see how things are shaping up on saturday.

EDIT:

Just got an email that my new 10x12 tent was shipped wednesday and will be here next tuesday.
    Last edited by Gizmo42 : 05/07/2011 at 09:57 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    Sounds cool. Hopefully I'll be ready by then. Should have pretty much everything packed friday night so shouldnt take too long. Never seem to get going as fast as I plan though LOL.

I'm just south of Quincey on Parker Rd (I prefer to call it North Centenial haha). I'll PM you my cell number. We can see how things are shaping up on saturday.

EDIT:

Just got an email that my new 10x12 tent was shipped wednesday and will be here next tuesday.
    Hey guys I can be up in Centenial by 10, mind if i head out with you all?

And i just got my new tent in the mail just yesterday too!