Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Roads / Anybody Else That Wants to Come Meet - Sep 5 1200-???

I just got back! Not only was the weather beautiful, the food fantastic, and the friendship everwhelming...but the traffic was surprisingly accomodating. Only one or two slowdowns on the way down, and one on the way back! I guess all the crazy drivers were on vacation already.

What a gorgeous day to spend outside talking cars, kids and soap operas? Lucky for everybody that I forgot to grab my video camera, or I would have been in everybody's face and walking down the beach getting shots of the ships passing by. There will be plenty of pictures, so I didn't need my camera anyway. I'll leave that to the pros.

Thanks, Ashley, for coordinating this great get together. You were a great host.

I know Tom is already planning the next outting, so keep an eye out for that invite. See you all there!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post

OMG! What would neighbors/passer-bys think of this scene??? It's aliens!!

Come one...identify the line up for us!!!....well, except T4B....we all kinda know which one is his....
    WHO KNEW there was another Foxfire hiding in the vicinity???

Look closely in the background - we were unsure whether Tom was posing his VX for a pic or testing whether the OFH could float.
    Maybe he was takin' a pee pee??

Looks like a great day and a great time was had by all! Can't wait for the add'l pics!

***And seriously, great pics to look at the cladding of all 5....since the pic levels the playing field, it leaves age, care/treatment and current topical treatment as pretty much the only variables. My eyeballs say Ashley's and the white one look a tad darker than the rest.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Okay Sue, here you go. From left to right: virtualruffy, Cobrajet, tom4bren, vt_maverick, and yellowgizmo99.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    ***And seriously, great pics to look at the cladding of all 5....since the pic levels the playing field, it leaves age, care/treatment and current topical treatment as pretty much the only variables. My eyeballs say Ashley's and the white one look a tad darker than the rest.
    I'd say Cobrajet's cladding was right up there too. The funny thing is that I believe we were all using different products. I remember Cobrajet used Turtlewax Ice on his cladding and 303 on this tires (never thought of that one). Saturday I tried Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant instead of Back to Black because the bottle promised significantly longer endurance, no running/streaking in rain, and no oily finish a la B2B. The Meguiar's product is thick almost like a liquid wax as opposed to B2B's runny liquid, and although it was equally as dark as B2B, there was definitely no oily finish after the application. I haven't used a California Car Duster on it yet, but it will be interesting to see if it works or streaks. My only concern in evaluating it is that my cladding was already pretty dark from multiple B2B treatments, so it's hard to know how effective it would be on raw cladding. virtualruffy had to replace a few cladding pieces a year ago, so I sent him home with the bottle to see if it would even out the differences in sun fading across the entire vehicle. Hopefully he can give it a go and I can take pics in a few weeks.

I can't recall what yellowgizmo said he used, but it did look sharp. Billy can you remind me?

had been using B2B, but decided to try 303 and see how it worked with the white streaking I got with B2B, and I just did it friday also.

My cladding was treated with a liberal amount of road grime. Last application of B2B was months ago for the ROTM pix.

Sue - I wasn't taking a nature break, I would've FaceBook'd you if I had.

Trip was great. Thanks to our host/hostess.

Return trip was uneventful - just got home late 'cause we stopped at 2 different campgrounds to find one for later this month when family comes to town for a weekend getaway to that area.

I'll get pix posted later today as time permits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Sue - I wasn't taking a nature break, I would've FaceBook'd you if I had.
    Good memory for us over 50 crowd!

Just a couple of 'teaser' pix. I'll get the rest of them up soon.

I had to check out the berm (but not relieve myself - Ash's house has all the amenities ... including toilets).

I just like the perspective on this one.

Don't look now Tom but I think you've officially gone offroading! Yer ready for Moab 2011!

Ok, I'll take care of it...

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Don't look now Tom but I think you've officially gone offroading! Yer ready for Moab 2011!

Ok, I'll take care of it...
    TOTW here we come. I even put a hook in the receiver so's I can strap you out KAT. Of course it didn't show up in any of the pix tho (must not have been scary enough).

TOTW here we come. I even put a hook in the receiver so's I can strap you out KAT. .
    Yuz a good man Mr. OFH! That's what friends are for! I'm glad you got my tail...er , um, I mean my back.....

I have no response to that.

BTW, my pix are located here:

http://www.pbase.com/tom4bren/100905_vehicross_meet
    Last edited by tom4bren : 09/08/2010 at 06:04 AM

So beautiful pics friends!!! Very clean VXs!!!

I have no response to that.

BTW, my pix are located here:

http://www.pbase.com/tom4bren/100905_vehicross_meet
    Blocked from work, can you upload them here as well? I was going to create a folder under the meet category to organize everything but hadn't gotten that far yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Blocked from work, can you upload them here as well? I was going to create a folder under the meet category to organize everything but hadn't gotten that far yet.
    Done.