Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wet-sanded, Polished, Waxed - Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Wow, that really does have a deep shine, you were even able to capture it in the pics, looks fantastic!

How long have you been using 303? Do you feel it gets washed off really easily by rain/water? Any other tips/observations about it? It looks so nice, rich and even on the cladding, perfecto!

Rain - what's that? I vaguely remember something like that - it falls DOWN from the sky, doesn't it?

Cladding was in good shape when I bought the VX; there's nothing like being garage kept and from a dry climate to preserve a vehicle! I put the 303 on every coupla months or so - just saturate a microfiber rag, wipe on evenly, making your way around the entire vehicle, then wipe off with a couple dry washcloths (don't tell wife about washcloths!)...

What rubbing compound did he have to use? I see you are in Cali so I imagine you probably only have maybe some scratches and sun spotting. Just curious since most people without any experience tend to just wet-sand and move right on to wax, thinking you can just buff that in and it's all ya need. Only ask cause I see people making that mistake all the time of car forums. I did professional paint and body work years ago, so just wanna make sure your buddy didn't short ya out cause if not done right, it will dull in NO time.

Matte yellow probably wouldn't look half bad though.

One weekend a couple years back I wet-sanded mine down. The VX is actually a pain in the arse when it comes to machine buffing. Especially the door and roof ribs. I use a low grit compound to get out a lot of the scratches and winter salt blemishes. Machine buffed with wool. I use 3M Perfect 3000, or something to that sound and top that off with Meguiars deep wax and polish. 10 years of deep Ebony in sun and snow, and still damned near new looking. Still totally worth a weekend of brute work over an $8k paint job. (only the best! )
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

3M Perfect 3K is what he used to polish with after the wet sand, IIRC...I waxed it myself with Malm's 100% Carnuba - old school stuff...