Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you still get the looks?

I was at a little show n shine the other day, wandering around looking at these pristine polished land-sharks, when a lady comes panting up to me and says she's been chasing me for five minutes, why didn't I stop and register my car-- my filthy dirty vx, with about 1200 highway miles since the last wash from a long road trip. When I got back to it, there were four guys looking at it, and were shocked that it was ten years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    On of the reasons I love my VX.

at which point my wife just rolled her eyes...she hates the attention it gets...
    Yes that's called feminine ego my friend.
    My G/F also suffers with that LOL.

She always says : Never thought this toy of yours can get that much attentiom then me
    Dakar was just the begining.

Talking

Back on topic. Every single day i get some thumbs up,some jaws heading to the ground,kids walikng around and few chicks wondering (and probably wishing) to get a ride.

The most common words : Man ! Where did you get "that" ? looks like a space ship.

I joke around them saying : At the NASA's dealership,hurry before they all gone

A while back, I was just leaving the grocery store when this mother and son were walking by the VX. Her son was probably about 10 but moderately Downes (SP?). He was so interested in it that she litterally couldn't peel him away. After about 10 minutes, the kid had been all over my Proton (inside & out) about 8 times, she was finally able to get him to go on into the store (I think she bribed him). She must have thanked me 20 times for making her son's day.

They actually did me a favor though. I used to teach Special Ed swim classes and the opportunity really brought back memories of how rewarding that was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I get questioned at every stop(gas) even at my oil-change place(where they should know it by now) When I'm stopped at a red light,I'll look around and someone is nearly always taking a picture! Love it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Talking Still Get The Looks

Hey just the other week i was getting gas an a guy driving a jeep wrangler waiting at the light started blowing his horn till he got my attenion saying how cool it is,ask me questions how much he likes them what year is it how can he get one and what is it then cars started blowing at him because the light changed it just makes you feel good to be popular lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Drinks View Post
    ... then cars started blowing at him because the light changed it just makes you feel good to be popular lol....
    'Cept in Philly. Multiple car horns are frequently followed by gunshots.

"The streets of Philadelphia are safe ... it's the people you have to watch out for" - I think it was the mayor who said that.

I think we're all a bit narcissistic in a way. I mean, really, who else drives around looking at passing motorists to see if they are checking you out? I know I do it all the time, and when I'm in another car, or in a rental, and I see that no one is gawking at my car I get a little sad. There's something just a little off about each and every one of us.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    There's something just a little off about each and every one of us.
    JUST a "little"? You take that back!

The other day someone told me my proton looked like a banana on wheels - then today a guy told me it looked like a match box car on steroids - I guess that was a complement !!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlarrys View Post
    The other day someone told me my proton looked like a banana on wheels - then today a guy told me it looked like a match box car on steroids - I guess that was a complement !!
    Just as long as you don't have to testify to Congress about it you're good...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I think we're all a bit narcissistic in a way. I mean, really, who else drives around looking at passing motorists to see if they are checking you out? I know I do it all the time, and when I'm in another car, or in a rental, and I see that no one is gawking at my car I get a little sad. There's something just a little off about each and every one of us.
    Well, I know that's not the reason I bought mine. It's simply difficult NOT to notice the gawking and head-turning because it seems to happen so much. I can only imagine how many additional times it happens that we DON'T notice while we're driving.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I can only imagine how many additional times it happens that we DON'T notice while we're driving.
    X2

Not even 24 hours since I started this thread and got approached at the light to be asked "hey what is that".

What's really awesome is to get the looks and smiles from the people driving expensive cars. Had a dude in a new Acura TL checking me out last week while at the light. Looks like he was thinking "gee i love my Acura but I really want one of those". I love it!

Thanks for sharing all your stories

I was at a stop light today when I noticed a guy on the side walk staring at the VX. He proceeded to do a complete walk around of the truck while I was sitting there waiting for the light to change.

The best one though had to be the time a young couple were crossing the street in front of me. They were engaged in heavy conversation...well she was doing most of the talking. As they passed in front of me I watched his head swivel around to look over the Vehicross. The last words I heard out of her mouth were, "YOU'RE PAYING MORE ATTENTION TO THAT STUPID TRUCK THAN ME!"