Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Do you still get the looks?

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    looks comments and questions died down for a while, like a couple years ... but started up with a vengeance this past year ... it has been a few times a week
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Got MAD looks yesterday. Took the VX to emissions. After a 15 minute wait in line, I finally pull into a bay and my tech gets right to work. The techs from, what I could tell, 3 other bays, decided to put their bays on hold and come over and walk circles around my VX. No conversation or questions to be had cause I don't think any of them knew English, heh. I am sure the folks getting tested in those other bays loved me.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I can relate.

The last time I got it inspected, there were 6 techs "involved". Everyone else had to wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Got MAD looks yesterday. Took the VX to emissions. After a 15 minute wait in line, I finally pull into a bay and my tech gets right to work. The techs from, what I could tell, 3 other bays, decided to put their bays on hold and come over and walk circles around my VX. No conversation or questions to be had cause I don't think any of them knew English, heh. I am sure the folks getting tested in those other bays loved me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    The last time I got it inspected, there were 6 techs "involved". Everyone else had to wait.
    This happened to me too last time I went in but in my case it was slow and there were no other cars waiting so all the techs from all the other bays came over. One guy even asked the tech working on my car if it was in their computer system. LOL

Happened today again in the grocery store parking lot. Several people were asking "what is that". I demonstrated an awesome show when i drove over the concrete parking stopper, down the rocky/grassy median, and then floored it down the main road ultra fast. I heard everyone shouting from the parking lot. W00t I love my VX

I got an uplifting greeting at the county dump today -- "Wow, what is this? A Ve--cri--cos.. Was this just released?" Yeah, it's new...10 years AGO!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379