Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you still get the looks?

Do you still get the looks?

So i was out and about alot yesterday and everywhere i went people were pointing and making a serious effort to turn heads to try and see what it was I was driving. Seems that regularly people come up to me when i'm pumping gas and ask "what is that". I don't live in a really large metropolis so it's kinda fun - I feel so righteous and celebrity when i drive my VX.

Do you still get the look?

Yes I still do

A couple times a week usually when gassing up the person at the next pump starts a conversation. Its weird that there are still a lot of people who have never seen one.

My latest was at Lowes where I was told it looks like it is "slightly armored"

As a matter of fact, I got a few rubberneckers even today while driving.

Yep! I notice a rubbernecker or pointer every 3rd or 4th time I drive it. Every couple of weeks I get a nice comment from a stranger. The last one was, "That's an awesome truck!" Everybody at work was shocked because they thought I'd traded my beloved new-ish Mustang for something even newer!

Now that the gang at work knows what a VX looks like, I've learned there are more in town. Co-workers have told me there is an Astral or Kaiser to the north and another Ironman was spotted just this morning to the south. Too bad they aren't on the forum.

yea i get at least 1-2 comments a week. I was at a car show last Friday and barely got the chance to walk around, just kept getting pulled back to the VX by questions.

My g/f just moved to a new city, and their main street has very high foot traffic. every single time i drive through at least 1 person points

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    On of the reasons I love my VX.

I had a small car with two women flag me down at a light last week. I was with my beautiful bride and I thought they knew her. I rolled down the passenger window and the the drives said "he that's cool what is it?" at which point my wife just rolled her eyes...she hates the attention it gets...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I think the VX was the first agressively styled auto, however the rest of the world has now caught up and the VX is a museum piece... in a positive vein.

I get comments and head turns all the time. But I really get a kick out of the ppl that wave, just to acknowledge the truck. They don't know me from Adam, but wave just from the novelty of seeing it. Happens about twice a week or so. Kids especially will wave. Only drawback is I'm rarely quick enough to wave back but it brings a smile to my face every time.

I get it all the time too. Ive noticed that its a higher percentage of females that like the look.
    I used to park on the street in Seattle and people walking their kids to school would suddenly become anchored because their little daughter wanted to look at it. People would always try to figure it out as the jogged by and do a dbl take but I took all the badges off so they cant tell. We would sit in my window after work and laugh at how many people were like "whoa" as they walked by.

Ya like Mile High said, it's one of the reasons I love my truck. I get looks all the time and at gas stations I always have SOMEBODY asking about it. What's funny is the guy that runs the station by my house answers almost as many questions as me on it I've talked to him alot about it and every now and then I hear someone asking him about it when they are cashing out and he proceeds to tell them all about it (I go to the Domino's in the gas station alot to get take-out so I can over-hear them talking at the front counter)
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

This is the exact reason I want a second one. Either Kaiser or Proton (this one is growing on me). One street and one off road. Build my current more off road and then with the 2nd keep it clean and only road driven. Then I would have 4 sets of rims/tires.

lol I've thought about doing the same thing but I think if I get another Zu' it'd have to be a larger truck.

I figure I will supplement that with an 04 Axiom. I don't want to ever been without a VX.

Ya I've been looking at an Axiom, but I'd still have my VX, so I wouldn't be without one I don;t think I could justify a 2nd VX to the wife lol