Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you still get the looks?

DUDE! That's priceless

I think the best for me was a guy walking away from my truck after leaving a note. I walk out and he comes up to me asking if it's mine. He then proceeds to want to sit in it with him and his wife, and guess what, they have an Ebony 01' now
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Talking It doesn't matter....where or when!

It doesn't matter where we go or whether is was yesterday or a year ago, or two years ago, or five or seven years ago. You get the picture! People ALWAYS ask 'What is it?' and tell my wife and me how cool it is. I love it!
    It just keeps going on. I figure 10 years from now, people will still be asking 'what is it?' and saying 'how cool'. They're right.......VX's are awesome!

i was stoped at a RR crossing last week around midnight, and a cop pulled up and spotlighted me. after a min he gestured for me to roll down my window. as i crossed my fingers hopeing that A) my window would work, B) i wasint going to get a ticket. The 2 cops start asking me what it was, if it was a straght 6 or a V6. on and on they went. Untill the train had pased and the rest of traffic started honking at me and the cops!

That's so funny you said "hopeing your window would work" - Everyday I get into my truck and think is today the day my window is going to shift forward and not want to work. LOL

I had a similar experience months ago while getting stopped for my license plate lights. they are both rusted and don't work so until i fix it I just shoved the broken rusted mess up inside. Both cops said they have never seen one and walked around it looking. Luckily I got a warning slip and not an equipment repair order. They also mentioned my front license plate (which I keep in the glove box). Told them the bracket was on backorder from Japan. Ha! I guess it's time to fix those damn lights eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    I get questioned at every stop(gas) even at my oil-change place(where they should know it by now) When I'm stopped at a red light,I'll look around and someone is nearly always taking a picture! Love it!!
    Yesterday I took my VX in for new tires and an oil change, when the guy that did the work came out he started questioning me about it, and where he could get one because he never saw one before. He was like wow that's a cool truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I think we're all a bit narcissistic in a way. I mean, really, who else drives around looking at passing motorists to see if they are checking you out?
    That's funny, I always look at people I pass to see if they're looking at my VX. Today I was passing a girl waiting at a traffic light, as I went by her head was turning and she had her mouth open Maybe she was checking me out?......NAH, I'm sure it was the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I think we're all a bit narcissistic in a way. I mean, really, who else drives around looking at passing motorists to see if they are checking you out?
    I see your point, but how sombody as fugly as I could possibly be narcissistic escapes me.

Maybe some of you are prettyboys/gals and mirror addicts, but as for me, i just like the truck. Other people enjoy seeing it, and that brings joy. Nothing narcissistic about that IMHO.
    Last edited by Grif : 09/03/2010 at 10:25 PM Reason: grammer

Wow... threadkill.... lol

Ha ha ha. I've had mine 3 weeks. The first day I got an oil change and the lady who takes info walked around the VX then came back to my window and said" what's this I've never seen one of these. Then 5 days later I guy walked up at the gas pumped and asked if he could take a picture. Then 2 days after that I was pulling out of Taco Bell and some young guy with one of those redneck pickups that are jacked so high you can see under them pulled with a smile, dropped jaw and slowed down to give me a thumbs up. It is fun owning this just for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    It is fun owning this just for this.
    Yes, yes it is.

Thumbs up

I had a couple ask me if that was a "new" car that just came out for 2011. They must not be car people or really "behind with the times"...... Oh well, I will take the compliment either way.
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

Quote Originally Posted by lasturbo View Post
    I had a couple ask me if that was a "new" car that just came out for 2011. They must not be car people or really "behind with the times"...... Oh well, I will take the compliment either way.
    Same experience at a gas station yesterday, guy walks up and asks me if it's new or a year or two old, I proceed to tell him it's a 2000. He nods, then pauses, drops his jaw, and looks back at me and says "You're kidding right?"

I'll divide the props between the designers (Isuzu) and the detailer (me).

I hit the jackpot today...got stopped twice in five minutes.

As I was leaving Sears I overheard a guy trying to identify this "...uh...Isuzu...uh..." thing to his wife. "V-e-h-i-C-R-O-S-S", I spelled out. They liked it, and were looking for something like that for the coming winter weather. However, when the young lady (who appeared to be about six month pregnant - hope she was and I'm not being rude) asked "Is it roomy?", I had to explain that it wasn't very "family friendly." Oh, well, it just isnt!

Then I drove across the street to the Giant supermarket, and as I was stepping out, an older gentleman (yeah, probably my age!!) stops in his tracks, and yells, "Wow, cool truck!!". In both cases their jaws dropped when I said I had owned it nine years!

I don't think the styling was fully appreciated in the 97-01 era, but now it has come of age! "Where can I get one?" - indeed!!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

I still get the looks.....

I believe that back in the 90's people was used to the regular line of vehicules that the car manufacturing industry had to offer back those years.

So when isuzu decided to "break" the rules of engagement the consumer wasn't that prepare to what isuzu put over the table

Many people found the VehiCROSS just too outter the flow of what was out there and refuse to accept that an new era of car engeneering had born.

Now it's ironic how the VX gets that much attention when the car industry have change in the last 15 years.

Yesterday i went to the bronx visiting some friends of mine,while driving on the I-95 i notice two cars along with me,one on my left the other on my right,driving at my same speed for an good bunch of miles.My G/F looked at me and shaking her head said Yep,here we go...again...one more time of this endless history
    Dakar was just the begining.