Thread: Learned 3 things today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Learned 3 things today

Went out playing today at Mobile Swamp, took my VX and Dustin's Ebony all freshly lifted and tire'd out. Went through a couple trails that had some interesting water holes lol. We learned 3 things (well really two, I knew the Isuzu Alternator placement sucks)

1: Isuzu made the Vehicross door seals really good, not a single drop of water made it into the cabin except for crawling in and out of the window:

http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/s...4101626-01.mp4

2: Isuzu Alternator placement sucks lol Dustin's got all gobbed up with crap

3: My roof rack works like a charm I had it in a bunch of big trees today on some of the trails and it didn't budge one bit. If it didn't get ripped off today, it's not going anywhere

I think I'm gonna start working on a high-mount alternator bracket lol. Dustin has some pics of my truck stuck to the doors too in another hole. I made it through this one but I picked the perfect line completely by accident He has a vid of me going through it and it looks like I just fly across it, he went a little more to the right than me and bam, swimming time. We enjoyed pulling each other out though Our trucks looked like little kids blowing bubbles in their drinks with our exhaust pipes underwater lol. He has a few more pics and a vid that I'll get up at some point. Here are a few more pics from today:

I don't know if we spent more time wheeling or talking to people about our trucks. From the time we pulled in until the time we left we were constantly being approached about our VX's. Needless to say we enjoyed it We had a guy with a nice Rubicon want to wheel with us, he was a little crazy though lol, he plowed over a tree going up this hill, scared the crap out of his wife/kid, he was stuck up on it for a minute and I thought he was gonna roll when he came down. But he made it up, we were impressed.
    Last edited by RamAirZ : 09/04/2010 at 11:11 PM
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread