Thread: Hey all...

Hey all...

Hey all I havent been on in quite some time because I sold my vx. But I just recently bought another one. I wanted to make it a trail rig, something driveable on the street but good enough to get around on some back roads. I remember how capable my old one was. I drive a 99 white ironman edition vx. So far I have added a 3" calmini lift, rsx9000 shocks, and 33s and I want to do more but I cant seem to find any vendors. I was hoping maybe someone could help me out with this. I am looking for things like, a safari roof rack, winch bumper or maybe just a front hitch that could handle a winch. I have a warn 9.5 ti that I saved when I sold my jeep. some rock sliders and maybe an alpine sc in the near future.
    ty
    phil

Where do you plan to get the S/C?

For rack, I would recommend the rage brand, they have various sizes and models based on what you like. Can be found on Ebay, 100ish
    Sliders-rocky road or can buy some generics and fit em to yours. There is another brand that are weld on, Billy has em (triathelete, I think they were stricnine (Spelling) or something like that)
    Winch bumper, you are on your own, no aftermarket produced.
    Skid plates, maybe Kilby if they are still available
    Tie rods and whatnot, Indy4x.
    Good luck, especially on the S/C.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

thank you for the help, I have been talking to a guy who works at warn, hes gonna tear the front end of my vehicross down and see what he can do. As for the skid plates I ordered them last night from kilby. Thank you for your input

My sliders are Stric9, but probably won't be able to get them any more. It was a side gig for the guy and his "real" job and family don't allow him any free time any more.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Ive decided I am just goin to fab my sliders, my buddy has a tube bender and I am fairly good at welding so I am gonna take a crack at it...

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I've got some custom slides on mine up here in Castle Rock...let me know if you need some pics and measurements.

Or take a short 40 minute drive and meet a fellow CO VX'er.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Pics of the 3" Calmini Lift?
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3