Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rebuilt engine!

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    I have a small leak but nothing that would cause me to go through 5qt's. I can run it all day, park it and get maybe a quarter to half dollar spot on the ground overnight. Being that it's a 99' and the common issue of burning oil in the early 3.5's I've settled on that it just burns oil. I'm surprised it doesn't smoke. Also seeing as I can run it for a long highway run (like my trip to Orlando last time) and no oil burning smell or anything but I have to check it when I fill up because it's gone down a bit. It goes hand-in-hand with the miles driven, doesn't matter if it's 3 months between changes or 2 weeks because of a long trip.
    next time you are driving at night check, take off hard and watch your side view mirror.. i always get a small puff of smoke when the RPMs first jump, but its only noticeable at night. only fluid that ever needs to be topped off is the oil, so I assume thats what it is

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

I think I have noticed it before but it was very faint but haven't seen it again, I'll have to try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    Have you check it for leaks when running? what you describe there is a static leak, no oil pressure. Try running it parked with the idle up and see if you can see anything.

I've done that, can't see a thing and nothing hits the ground. It's weird. No burning oil smell, no wetness except around the oil pan which I'm pretty sure it's the gasket there. It's not soaked or anything either, just a little. My engine is just a thirsty mother f'er.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    I've done that, can't see a thing and nothing hits the ground. It's weird. No burning oil smell, no wetness except around the oil pan which I'm pretty sure it's the gasket there. It's not soaked or anything either, just a little. My engine is just a thirsty mother f'er.

I think you got the ultra-rare 2-stroke model VX. Does it make a high pitch sound when you rev it up?

haha, I think so too.