Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX acceleration

VX acceleration

Since I like fast cars and offroaders I am thinking to get VX, this is based on many reviews online, even professional ones they claim VX is quite responsive in acceleration, drag time for 60miles is like arround 9 sec which is not bad at all.

But my point is the following: Last year I did a test drive in Atlanta, and the VX just was very slow... I floored gas pedal a couple of time and didn't feel any thrust at all, there was just engine roar, of course it shouldn't be like a sportscar but I had to feel smth right?

I owned isuzu trooper 3.2, 190 hp (moreover VX has 2.5, 215hp) and I was feeling thrust on any speed. You think this particular VX had some problems (engine, transmission) or it's normal feature for VX since it has TOD system?
    You guys know VX so just let me know your ideas.

Thank you

My VX even on 33's feels good on acceleration. It can get up and go pretty well and when it was on the 18's and smaller tires it really moved out. It's no speed demon by any means but it is quick for what it is (some people's definitions are different, it's not "fast" but I can't compare it to my old Camaro, 2 different types of vehicles). I think there may have been something up with that VX.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I can tell you that each VX is different when it comes to that, think due to many reasons like how it was taken care of prior.....my first vx which I was original owner and took great care in that vehicles maintaince from the very begining ran very strong til the end when I wrecked it at 110K. I bought the second VX with like 60k miles and has always been a dog.....same slightly bigger tires on both VX and I immediately switched all fluids to royal purple but I think it has to do with how it was taken care from the very beginning.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Did you drive it with and without the Power button on?

<---- S/C'd.... I doubt my input is valid. Regardless, even with the S/C, there really isn't much boost created to be much of a change. Passing speed is WONDERFUL however.

I do recall though, before my larger tire/wheel package and the S/C, I never really had any complaints with the acceleration, and I am a compact sports car owner as well. With the larger wheel/tire package, the S'C really just about makes up for the difference in added weight and rotation.

If you are a sports car guy, you really need to step out of that comparison box though. When reviews say it's sporty and zippy, they are only comparing it to other heavy SUVs of it's class. My advice.... find another VX and drive it. If it's the same and lets you down, you probably need to look at another make/model. Just not what you are looking for I guess. *shrug*

And remember, you ARE looking at used cars that most likely have 50k+ miles on them. Not exactly a strapping young chap anymore.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Your prior experience is very important as to your point of view on the VX. I came from having a very fast prior big SUV....BMW with M package....so the VX does seem pretty slow to me when pulling out onto my 65 mph highway from a stop. But I have to realize what it is, a 4000 lb SUV. I haven't been using the "power" button, but I'm going to try that. Plus, I have 150 lbs of skid plate, 20 lbs bull bar & lights, about 100 lbs of roof rack/basket/full spare tire/wheel + me ()....so I'm like a flying brick and about as aerodynamic too. But handling and off road is just awesome!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I haven't tried power button, as I remember from my trooper it just gave a little bit of difference, but yeah another test drive is what I need and I will use power button this time. Thanx.

I am currently in Atlanta, GA and couldn't find any vehicle even within 200k range just for test drive Does anybody know any VX in Georgia for sale or maybe someone could just let me in on passenger seat?

I might seem obsessed but really need to check this out

Maybe johnnyapollo?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaso View Post
    I might seem obsessed but really need to check this out
    You'll fit right in!

Also, member "Renatka55" lives in Roswell, GA and has had her '99 Ironman for sale since May, don't think she sold it yet. Maybe you could go see hers if she still has it.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18177

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Not sure this will help much if Joh still has his S/C installed...just a thought.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Doh! Good catch Mile High... it'd probably just make him yearn for something he will likely never have.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Doh! Good catch Mile High... it'd probably just make him yearn for something he will likely never have.
    Come on VT...the guys from downunder will have this done by the time we all retire...

Well maybe by then I'll actually be able to afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    You'll fit right in!

Also, member "Renatka55" lives in Roswell, GA and has had her '99 Ironman for sale since May, don't think she sold it yet. Maybe you could go see hers if she still has it.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18177
    Thanx VX KAT, I'll check

I called Renata, this VX's been sold she said...