Another wonderful job by my idiot mechanic. He changed the front rotors on my 2001 and returned my car to me with the ABS light on. He said it was because I supplied him with aftermarket rotors which didn't have the indentations to tell the ABS system how fast the wheels were going.

So I've been driving around without ABS for months since then, thinking I was the idiot for buying aftermarket rotors and not noticing this. However, when I called the Isuzu dealership today about something else and mentioned this, the guy explained that the rotors have a removable part called a Tone Ring which you are supposed to remove and attach to your new rotors when you change them.

Nice. Very nice. So idiot boy basically snowballed me into thinking I screwed up, when actually he was the one that forgot to change out the tone ring and didn't wanna take it all down again once he discovered the ABS wasn't working.

So... my question now is, where do I buy front rotor "Tone Rings?" I'm gonna do it myself as obviously, I'm never going back to idiot central, and the Isuzu dealership is over 200 miles away.

-Mike