Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Window Tint

Omega,

Here in Texas the only windows that have to be legal limit are any windows from the drivers area forward. Meaning the front door windows have to be legal limit, and anything else can be blacked out if you so desire. I am assuming that is the same everywhere as Kansas, and Missouri are the same also. I would at least put 5-10% on the back window just to relieve the stress of headlights in your mirror. You will never have to readjust your mirror again!!!

I have absolutely no problems seeing through the 5% at night!!! Especially with all the lights around here in DFW. Where's dem dadgome stars at????

Good luck!!!
    3C FORMERLY VX #1876
    www.triple-cs.com

Tint laws vary WIDELY by state. The (legal) tint my wife got in Dallas was totally illegal in California and for the first couple of years even a medical waiver wasn't sufficient, fortunately they changed that law.

Anyway, there are a bunch of places on the net that break the laws down by individual state, here's one which ought to be up to date, but don't hold me to it:

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/S...aw%20Chart.htm

The legal limit here is 30%, they tolerate 20% all around, and usually 5% on the backs just depends on the cop and his mood for the day. According to actual law (its not really set in stone for suvs/trucks) 5% is against the law. I'm thinking if I just go with 20% all around I'll save on future headaches and I wont have to worry about 2 windows being considerably lighter then the others.

BTW, when I learned to drive I never flipped the rear view mirror up at night. So, I've never done it and probably never will so that's not an issue for me