Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Colors '10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

Colorado Colors '10

(dont worry about the date, i just put something in the future so that we could do some planning)
    well, im not gonna lie. im a little surprised with all us colorado VX'ers that no one has stepped up to organize something.

and especially with all the new colorado members that have been showing up lately it would be great to meet some of them and let them get a feel for the family.

so, who's in???

i dont really care where or when, just let me know basically.
    i would guess somewhere near denver since its central to everyone, but if the mountain guys are in than maybe somewhere near castle rock or north colorado springs?

Jack, are you thinking just a meet and greet (maybe eat too), or are you looking to wheel somewhere? The Transfer Trail over here between Glenwood and Vail is pretty nice, but it is where Vicki got her scar's from. It's a long day, but a pretty easy drive. Long haul for the Denverite's though.

Drive through Rocky Mountain National Park?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

well im down for pretty much whatever everyone else is thinking....and hopefully the Yeti will be back on the road soon..... probably not before the meet, but soon

so, ill be driving my acura, so wherever you guys want is fine.

the only exception i could make would be if you guys wanted to wheel somewhere near the Yeti's current location...Mt. Herman road out of monument is a great low key trail (no trail badges unless you are trying to get em, its a fire service road)
    and it links monument to south springs, makes for a really pretty drive.

plus i'd be pulling for that location because i could either sneak the Yeti over there (uninsured) or trailer it

but of course if its too far for the mountainites than im down for whatever.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Is a date any firmer yet cuz I'm passing thru Denver x2 on a road trip starting next week, so I might end up being in the right place at the right time???
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    and hopefully the Yeti will be back on the road soon..... probably not before the meet, but soon
    what happened to the Yeti?

I think we're going to be late with fall colors in the mountains. It's either peaking or already past peak in most mountain areas. I don't want to spoil everyone's parade, I just want to let you know. Southern mountains will be last, but I doubt we want to go that far.

I live in Idaho Springs if someone wants to pick me up, as my VX probably won't be ready yet. Actually we could meet here if you want, close to Denver, but still in the moutains, and I know of a lot of good trails around here. I guess it matters how much highway or how much wheelin' everyone wants to do. I've got the CO Gazetter and we could even probably wait till that date to determine our best route, dependent on conditions. Everyone's welcome to grill out here, or I know of picnic area that's real close in a grove of aspens.

It would still be a nice ride and if winds stay low, we should be able to get some late season action, probably better at lower elevations. Rather than the 13th, I might suggest this coming weekend if we want to see the colors still attached to the trees.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

Quote Originally Posted by RallyDude View Post
    I live in Idaho Springs if someone wants to pick me up, as my VX probably won't be ready yet. Actually we could meet here if you want, close to Denver, but still in the moutains, and I know of a lot of good trails around here.
    Dang RallyDude, I never realized Idaho Springs was so close to Denver....I'll be on 70 Westbound passing thru there Thursday 10/21, sometime around lunchtime. If ya want to meet for a quick "meet & greet" just let me know!

It's close in proximity, but it definitely has a small town feel, certainly not another Denver suberb. I think there's only about 10,000 people in the entire county. When I first moved here, there was only one stoplight.

Sounds good KAT, we can compare our identical tires. Wow, I'll get to see my first live foxfire. And you'll get to meet Elvis and maybe red cat, my resident four leggers. So do you have business in the area or just visiting?

Any other ideas on the meet? I wish the VX could be ready, but if I can get a ride, I'll tag along.

idaho springs is fine with me, its beautiful there.

but i would rather keep off the trails if we go up there because i would be driving the acura so im stuck to paved roads (my radiator support is only about 3 inches off the ground)

whatever day works for everyone else im down with, but afternoons are definately much better for me.

sue- i took a leap of faith and changed the rear end out to 4.88's while i was making good money, then i stopped making good money and i cant scrap together enough to get the front done, so its 2wd for now
    but, im sifting through old VX stuff and selling it off on craigslist to try to save up $700 more for the front end then its ready to go again.

so, its still running great, but its only 2wd, and if im gonna drive something 2wd then ill take the acura that gets 30mpg instead of the runner that gets 18mpg (i can only afford to insure one vehicle at a time)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I'm interested in attending depending on the date. My VX has trashed CVs (need new inner cups) so I can't do any 4 wheeing for a while but would be down to meet up.

lets try to meet up while sue is in town....

sue- get us some dates and we'll set up a dinner or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    lets try to meet up while sue is in town....
    sue- get us some dates and we'll set up a dinner or something.
    That'd be great Jack!
    I head outta here Monday, then Tuesday 10/12 I'll be driving up from Durango, coming up 160 to 285, staying over by the airport. Planning on eating at "The Cherry Cricket" over by Cherry Creek...heard it was fun, checkin' out the burgers. Anybody's welcome to join me there.

Then on the way back home...
    Wednesday 10/20, I be in Cheyenne for the night.
    Then Thursday 10/21 Cheyenne into Denver on 25 South.
    Then 70 West - Stopping by to meet RallyDude in Idaho Springs.
    Could meet up there?

Then later on to Glenwood Springs - Meeting up with Mark Hardeman around there. Staying in Carbondale for the night.

Let me know if this works, it'd be great to see some more VXers! I have some flexibility in my dates.

Make sure you bring a lot of pics back from this excursion Sue, sounds like you'll have a nice montage of pics to bring home. Hmmm... I wonder if you're the first member to ever take a cross-country tour of VX's? (Not counting Moab of course.)

anytime after 5 or 6 works for me... any day of the week...
    my b-day is the 13th, and we have some plans around then, but we can figure something out.

sue- send me a pm with your number, maybe whit and i will try to meet up with you in cherry creek on the 12th. its only about 30 miles from where i live

Just went on the peak-to-peak highway to Nederland a few days ago. It's already past peak, but still beautiful, but it's almost over.