Thread: Pretty much the worst day ever...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pretty much the worst day ever...

So, in preparation for my Moab trip I spent the afternoon over at a friends garage installing the super flexy IFS kit. It didn't exactly go smoothly, but we did get it installed and I was really excited to try it out in Moab. Well, on the way home, I ran into a freak hail storm with larger-than-golf-ball-sized hail. I wasn't too worried because my VX isn't exactly pristine, but nonetheless is was scary. At this same time I started to hear some scraping/gridning noises which I was convinced was the drive shaft rubbing part of the IFS kit I had just installed (we had to install it a little off-center). About 1/2 a mile later, I found out that noise was the engine... out of oil... completely seized up... dead. Ugghh, the sick feeling was overwhelming.

With Lauren back in Virginia already, I didn't have anyone nearby to come pick me up. It was 3 or 4 miles to the house, it was pitch black outside except for the lightning flashes and the rain was coming down hard. I figured I had to punish myself for letting the VX run out of oil so I walked home. Not fun, but I did make it home an hour and a half later. To my delight I found that hail hit here even harder... my dodge magnum has about 75-100 impressive hail dents and Lauren's jetta about the same. So within minutes of each other all of our vehicles got trashed... Oh, and two of the skylights in the house got complete smahed in. All of this, the night before I'm leaving for Moab. Does life get any better?
    Last edited by phines : 05/25/2011 at 07:18 PM