Thread: Wheel Spacers

Wheel Spacers

Anyone ever tried wheel spacers? Not the cheap crappy ones at $20 but the nice billet adapter style? I was thinking of fitting a set of four 2-2.5" with my standard wheels (which I like) instead of trying to find some nice negative off-set rims + tires that will probably cost an arm and a leg. I,ve found a set (4) on "flee bay", 2" at $130, 2.5" at $160 and the 3" comes in at $190. I known they increase stress on wheel bearing and the like but so do massive negative off-set rims. Anyway, any advise, recomendation?

Thanks all

Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Thanks ZEUS

Talking

I had 2" spacers on my FJ cruiser with no problems at all. i went light off roading, but mostly took it on the beach alot. Never had any issues with the spacers ever. I also have some 2" spacers on my '66 dodge A100 van, again all good.
    I sold my Fj about 2 months ago and now am the proud owner of a '99 VX... first thing i did was put some wheels and tires on it. the reason y i am telling u this also, is because i found a sight online which is very reasonable with their prices...
    i bought the 16" Rebel Racing Outlaw II, black wheels which have 2" of neg spacing(cmpared to oem vx wheels), wrapped in 275 65 16 bf goodrich mud terrain km2 tires. they poke out, look freakin so dope n only cost $1066 delivered to my door.
    So either way u go, feel confident n know that u won't have to spend too much money, if u do decide to go with new wheels....

oh, i will be posting pics tomorrow with the new wheels and tires. i was waiting til i refinished the cladding with gatorback spray, which i did today, and the results were un ******-believable... and permanent!
    so look for my pics tomorrow for sweet wheels n BLACK cladding examples!

If you do them just make sure they are the ones with new studs and not just holes. Too much added stress on the wheel studs otherwise

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

what etlsport said

Quote Originally Posted by mike nomy View Post
    i bought the 16" Rebel Racing Outlaw II, black wheels which have 2" of neg spacing(cmpared to oem vx wheels), wrapped in 275 65 16 bf goodrich mud terrain km2 tires. they poke out, look freakin so dope n only cost $1066 delivered to my door.
    Uh Oh ... looks like I may have some competition for OFH???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by mike nomy View Post
    I sold my Fj about 2 months ago and now am the proud owner of a '99 VX... first thing i did was put some wheels and tires on it... i bought the 16" Rebel Racing Outlaw II, black wheels which have 2" of neg spacing(cmpared to oem vx wheels), wrapped in 275 65 16 bf goodrich mud terrain km2 tires. they poke out, look freakin so dope n only cost $1066 delivered to my door.

oh, i will be posting pics tomorrow with the new wheels and tires. i was waiting til i refinished the cladding with gatorback spray, which i did today, and the results were un ******-believable... and permanent!
    so look for my pics tomorrow for sweet wheels n BLACK cladding examples!
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to see pics! Btw, you might want to make a post with pics in this thread as well, it's where we keep a running pictoral track of all wheel/tire combinations that members have tried.

Post of all Rims and Tires out there

what's OFH?

OFH=Offset From Hell.

It's a term that certain members (who shall remain nameless) gave to my VX before I became a member. Totally POd the PO (pissed off the previous owner). The name stuck & my perverse pride will never allow any to forget.

Wish I could find the original thread but it doesn't show up in the search function. Rekin it's just too old.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    OFH=Offset From Hell.

It's a term that certain members (who shall remain nameless) gave to my VX before I became a member. Totally POd the PO (pissed off the previous owner). The name stuck & my perverse pride will never allow any to forget.

Wish I could find the original thread but it doesn't show up in the search function. Rekin it's just too old.
    Must....resist.....response.....

Have a nice day T4B....
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Thanks all for the input