Thread: VX saves the day!!

VX saves the day!!

On my way home from picking up the trailer and a new Optima battery in preps for picking up the Trooper RS tomorrow, I saw a minivan buried to the frame in mud. I told her I'd be right back. I went home, got the VX and came back to save the day. Fortunately I keep all my gear in the truck at all times. I misjudged how deep the mud was, it covered my manual hub and ate my flip flops A friend of mine also stopped and we managed to get under the van and dig out a spot on the rear axle, and I fished in the mud to engage the hub. Good thing it has fresh grease in it.
    Another guy with a big chevy truck stopped and expressed concern that he was going to have to pull mine out of the mud too. Needless to say, he was apologetic after I was done. I pulled the van out, left three rows of ruts where I dragged my rear diff through the mud and of course the tires. Traffic was backed up, and those dick heads wouldn't let me turn around and merge, so I pulled out in front of a little civic and threw a good 10lbs of mud across his hood and windshield. He should have stopped and let me out...
    Score one for VX, zero for big chevy truck.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

1 question...what was the minivan doing trying to go through the deep mud in the first place?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

??? 2...where are the pics?

Sorry, no pics, and she ran off the road, its all grassy, but its swamp grass, so very deep mud, once her passenger tire was off the shoulder, it was over for her.

yet another reason women like my wife should not drive

Quote Originally Posted by USMCvxOFFROAD View Post
    yet another reason women like my wife should not drive
    I told her to tell her husband she drove through a puddle, she said "Iain't got no husband". No wonder she drove into the mud...no one to be held accountable to

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I told her to tell her husband she drove through a puddle, she said "Iain't got no husband".
    Hmmm, perhaps that's the main reason she intentionally got herself stuck-- Perspective Husband Shopping; looking for that man in Bright Shining Armor. Err, in your case Bright Proton Armor.

Great Job, Marlin-- we are all proud of you!!!

Speaking of husband shopping... Riff, you do realize Marlin is already married to a woman right? :P
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Just think, if you had that winch/winch bumper from Joe Darlington you could have pulled her out from the pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Just think, if you had that winch/winch bumper from Joe Darlington you could have pulled her out from the pavement.
    What would be the fun in that? Now people drive by and see some 2 foot deep ruts and think, "damn, someone had to call a tow truck to get out of that"...not on my watch.