Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Group Buying a VX

Did he tell you that the project was on hold, or did he just not respond?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyDude View Post
    I wouldn't cannibalize it either. It's got an extended warranty, and it's not like you can just move that sunroof over easily. With that supercharger, it should sell for a higher price than what most people would spend on a parts car. Personally, I think it would be a shame to dismantle it, unless the accident caused frame damage and it doesn't track right. Not only that, everyone's going to want the same parts anyway. Supercharger, skid plates, tail lens covers, both hood inserts, smoked lights and electronics. I don't think you'd have any fights over the batman stuff though.

Either way, rowhard could use that back skid and the taillight covers to build molds to reproduce them. Too bad it doesn't have the side skids.
    Agreed, I guess I'll just keep hunting these parts down the old fashioned way (heavy sigh). WRT the Batman stuff, maybe the owner of that infamous Superman VX is bidding on this to expand his Marvel VX Collection?

Looks like the sale must have fallen through? It's up to 16 bids with almost 4 days left still. Guess some bidders didn't learn their lesson the first go round.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu...fCarsQ5fTrucks

youd think

with the super charger that would command a better price. I expect to see a big jump coming aty the end
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Yup, you can be damn sure everybody who's interested in this VX is just waiting in the shadow's like hungry Rats, and ready to pounce ("Snipe") within the very last 2--4 seconds of the eBay auction. I've already put this auction in "Watch Mode", as it should be entertaining to see what the ending selling price will be during the final 2--4 seconds of the auction when everybody places their Sniper Bid's. Obviously, whoever submits the highest "ceiling cap" bid (auto-bid proxy) will ultimately win the auction.

I will say this-- it definately has some very cool & rare mod's. The rear CF tail-light covers I've never seen before, and the electric Moon-Roof is easily a $1,500+ mod by itself. This VX should command a hefty price with as many goodies it has on it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Yup, you can be damn sure everybody who's interested in this VX is just waiting in the shadow's like hungry Rats, and ready to pounce ("Snipe") within the very last 2--4 seconds of the eBay auction. I've already put this auction in "Watch Mode", as it should be entertaining to see what the ending selling price will be during the final 2--4 seconds of the auction when everybody places their Sniper Bid's.
    Well, surprisingly, that didn't happen at all the first round on ebay....
    And, it only got up to $6,700 ...seemed like it would go much higher!
    We'll see what round two brings....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I think the problem is that without the mods it's a pretty unremarkable VX. Owned for several years in Michigan, which you can tell not only from the history report but also by all the rusty bolts in several of the pictures. Then there's the front-end impact with another vehicle. Personally I would put the value of the VX by itself at around $4K, meaning that his mods are carrying him almost $3K higher already.

Too bad they likely cost him $10K or more though.

For those new to eBay here is a good object lesson. This VX just sold for $6,902.00 on 32 bids. I bet the guy who bid $6,900 felt pretty stupid.

Maybe this buyer will actually follow through and then join the site.

The next highest bids were $6802 and $6702 from the same person (not the winner). They also bid on at least twenty items just today. Mostly women's dresses, shoes, skirts, pants, tops, and jewelery. I don't know how badly she(?) wanted the VX. The winning bid got in with just five seconds left. She(?) coulda set up for an automatic higher bid and mighta got in at the last second, if she(?) was that serious about getting the VX. Or maybe she(?) just likes bidding on stuff.

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 11/18/2010 at 06:22 PM