Thread: Fog/driving light replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Malibu bulbs i just installed from Home Despot measure .6in dia, x 1.4in long and fits EASILY in the lamp housings.

That equates to 15.24 millimeters dia x 35.56 millimeters long.

The bulb type is 194 (mainly refers to the type of connector on the base) So I go to an LED automotive light store and search to get:

http://www.autolumination.com/194.htm

Most all of those LED's will fit our standard housing. Its quite a selection, but check the dimensions listed for each bulb to be sure. If its is smaller than 15.4mm x 35.56mm then it should fit beautifully. I have a set on the way that are pushing those dimensions a bit, will report back with results. I know its not a recommendation, but its good info to know and gives you a range of types and styles to look at.

You can check here for the approximate lumens for each bulb style there in order to determine relative brightness. http://autolumination.com/specifications_194.html

Hope that helps.

Resurrecting an old thread since I'm about to buy a set of replacement fog light LEDs...

I'm looking at the Autolumination website here:

...and specifically looking at the 25 LED towers (third product down). Everything looks good except that I notice the dimensions are 11mm diameter x 38mm, which is longer than the max that Grif mentions below. Can anyone confirm that these bulbs will work before I buy?

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The Malibu bulbs i just installed from Home Despot measure .6in dia, x 1.4in long and fits EASILY in the lamp housings.

That equates to 15.24 millimeters dia x 35.56 millimeters long.

The bulb type is 194 (mainly refers to the type of connector on the base) So I go to an LED automotive light store and search to get:

Most all of those LED's will fit our standard housing. Its quite a selection, but check the dimensions listed for each bulb to be sure. If its is smaller than 15.4mm x 35.56mm then it should fit beautifully. I have a set on the way that are pushing those dimensions a bit, will report back with results. I know its not a recommendation, but its good info to know and gives you a range of types and styles to look at.

You can check here for the approximate lumens for each bulb style there in order to determine relative brightness. http://autolumination.com/specifications_194.html

Hope that helps.

Mav- give me a minute to look it up, I bought many of my bulbs from autolumination, but I know the front round bulbs came from ebay (motoringmax)....but I still think I ordered some of those bulbs from him....
    In any event, I think I posted the length of the bulbs I got on ebay, and if I can find that post, we'll know if the 35mm will fit or not.
    Last edited by VX KAT : 01/19/2011 at 04:17 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

My original 38 LED towers (that blew up) were at least 38mm according to my info. And I recall there was some extra room, they were not touching the inner lens at all. I think you'll be fine with those towers.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    My original 38 LED towers (that blew up) were at least 38mm according to my info. And I recall there was some extra room, they were not touching the inner lens at all. I think you'll be fine with those towers.
    Thanks Sue, just ordered them.