Thread: Wasteland Weekend -Burning Man w/ Road Warrior Twist

Wasteland Weekend -Burning Man w/ Road Warrior Twist

Anyone up for this next year? Just discovered this event in SoCal next weekend. Too close for me to go this year, but thought it might be fun to get a group to roll in together to attend next year.

To me the VX is a little more of a high tech futuristic cyberpunk sort of vehicle but still a cool event: Post-apocalyptic costumes, The V8 Interceptor in person, fire breathing, cool bands, and camping in the desert..check it out!

http://wastelandweekend.com/
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Dang, after looking at the pics in the thread from nfpgasmask it looks like a much smaller turnout than it looked to be on the website. I figured in SoCal it would attract a huge following. Is that about a dozen people? Either way, I still want to go, just want to add a little more to the "baby-Stryker" before then.

Bart said there were about 200 fine freaks out there. Even B Man started out with less than that tho so this year could see more.

Thought I'd re-engage on Wasteland Weekend 2011. If we got enough VXs together we could register a VX Tribe per the website. Anyway, end of Sept if anyone is still interested. Looking at getting the VX down there for sure. I want to buy tickets now in the Tier 2 window for the wife and I. I will go regardless, just thought it might be fun to roll in with a herd of us.

Thoughts?

Gotta say, the event was EPIC. About 400+ guys and yes, a lot of females showed to party in the Mojave. Fire shows, music, lit a friend on fire with absinthe (sorry Dave), gambled, made use of the open bar and drank god knows what, did a little off-roading - and we all did it with very little clothes on. If I am in country I am absolutely going again.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    WOW...wish I'd seen this earlier.

Would do it in a Heartbeat next year....

...and festooooooon the ORW with all manner of nasty stufffff!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We joined a tribe (Road Rash) before we went, so we had about 20 friends upon arrival to party with. It was inside basically a compound like Road Warrior with metal gates and female Thunderdome guards out 20 miles into the desert, which allowed for a sort of "friendly anarchy" atmosphere that allowed for bruises and hangovers. Just do a search online or find my folder on FaceBook with a good selection of photos.

Somebody set up an event for next year. I am so down for this as long as our grape harvest isn't late as hell like this year.

This was mentioned on Wired today, so perhaps a bigger turnout next time?

700 non-VXers. One Vxer. That sounds about right. It was crazy in a very good way. I think we can definitely do better next time. Can't say enough great things about the event itself though. Both my wife and I had a freakin blast. If I am not overseas again, I will be there with the VX for sure. Now since I already have armor made for both of us, (see pics) I can concentrate on the VX post-apocalyptic mods I ran out of time to do. (satin black paint, spare tire rear mount and gascan, etc.) Of note, they have a website and a Facebook page. There are also tribe groups on FB, so with enough VXers you could start a VX tribe.