Thread: Hallowharrie 2010 pics and stories

Hallowharrie 2010 pics and stories

Well, we are safely home and alive. Just finished unpacking, we head out for KC, MO at 5am...good times for all.
    The F250 got 18mpg towing all that stuff at average speed of 57mph all said and done. There is a lot of slow driving through little BFE towns in NC. I am tickled pink with that mileage. The 2010 F150 didn't get that while empty and on the freeway.
    The RS broke first run out, alternator pooped itself. Ran on the battery all the way down to 10volts, gotta love the optima. Got a new alternator early Sat, made her drive the hardest trail in Uwharrie for her first trail. She made it up Daniel with no major problems, trooper tree got her, busted the drivers door handle, a few dents, and the door is a bit crooked until I adjust the hinges. She then left some red paint on the walls of a big mud pit. No problemo. She did more damage to her truck on one trail than I have done to the VX in two years. Indy4x was there is full force. They were amused with the VX, and perhaps a bit disappointed that it does so well? Not sure, but I ran the hardest lines on every trail except Kodak rock (that is for the big boys with dual transfer cases and big *** tires) with no spotters for the most part and the oldest boy asleep in the passenger seat.
    The RS alternator died again later that day. I talked to the ZU mechanic officianado, he said those reman Alternators are garbage and it isn't unheard of to go through 2 or 3 of em till you get one that actually works. So when I get back, another 30 min job to swap out alternators.
    Here is the first video to upload, she thought she recorded the whole thing...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmQ7rNiC-U
    Last edited by Marlin : 10/24/2010 at 04:56 PM Reason: can't embed video

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Neat-O! Wish I had made it.