Thread: Please post photos of your interior door handles & panels

Please post photos of your interior door handles & panels

DOH! I should have posted this a long time ago and keep kicking myself whenever I read posts where someone has removed/reinstalled their door panels for various reasons.

Both of my interior door handles are imperfect (1 is loose and 1 is "floppy") so I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve them. The black handles ($65 each) which hold in the power window switches are loose but since both are imperfect, I can't tell where tabs are broken off. I don’t know if just replacing just the handles will fix the issue or if there are other tabs (or slots) on the door panels ($300+ each) that are also broken.

So…. Next time you have your door panels off, I'd LOVE to see some close up pictures of the tabs and slots or whatever that hold them together securely.

OR… Do you have suggestions on how to rebuild/fortify these sections? Get creative with bits of metal and JB Weld or something like that?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

I believe handeeman tried something to make the handles stronger/easier to use once upon a time. Do a search, I think you'll be entertained.

I've got to take my drivers door apart soon to replace the weather strip & install the SBC brackets. I'll try to remember to check out the handle mounts while I'm at it.

Don't hold your breath though ... I procrastinate REAL bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Two spring clips that I occasionally bend outwards and one tab on the rear

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I believe handeeman tried something to make the handles stronger/easier to use once upon a time. Do a search, I think you'll be entertained.
    Thanks, Mav! I bombed out on my search last night (got page after page of "clutter"), but I'll try some different key words this evening. Tying the search to Handee will probably narrow things down.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I've got to take my drivers door apart soon to replace the weather strip & install the SBC brackets. I'll try to remember to check out the handle mounts while I'm at it.

Don't hold your breath though ... I procrastinate REAL bad.
    Thanks for the offer - not a big deal if it takes a while since this isn't exactly an emergency. I hope your memory is better than mine. I'm bad about thinking, "Oh yeah, I was going to take pictures of the process" the instant I finish a project.

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post

Two spring clips that I occasionally bend outwards and one tab on the rear
    Hey, that photo will be a big help! Maybe I can figure it out now that I know what a "complete" handle is suppose to look like.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    Thanks, Mav! I bombed out on my search last night (got page after page of "clutter"), but I'll try some different key words this evening. Tying the search to Handee will probably narrow things down. !
    Don't waste anymore time. IIRC it was a practical joke where he mounted a drawer pull on the outside of his door handle.

If you want to find it though, use the search function on "members" & "Handeeman". Click on his name to open his profile. Somewhere on that page is an option to display all threads started by him. That should narrow it down for you.

Tom

Sorry Rick, didn't mean to send you on a wild goose chase. Here's the link:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16701

Ha ha... that's ok - actually, I DID happen to fall across the joke handle thread. Maybe I finally picked the right search words for once. : )