Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Line X on cladding

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Howdy neighbor.

The shop (on 17 in Fredericksburg) that LineX'd my hood insert indicated that they would shoot my cladding for $25 for each piece (if I brought them in dismounted and ready to treat). I think that works out to $200 (8 pieces of cladding). I didn't take the plunge yet but am still considering. Lemme know if you want the shop's contact info. He showed me pix of an entire Vette he did (EEEWWW) and an Amigo (not bad). He did a good job on the Vette ... just shouldn't have.
    200 bucks for all the cladding?! Thats cheaper than herculiner. I would take that deal in a heartbeat. I thought I remembered you posting something about doing the hood insert cheap, and then going back and they said it would be a few hundred bucks a piece?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Well, it was 1 1/2 years ago. I may be mis-remembering the cost, but it was very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Yep, after the diff drop, front end restore, superflextkit....and then I have to put up xmas lights, and if you recall from last year, that is no joke for me. Then I have uwharrie on 10-12 DEC. After that is xmas stand down, we are off 17DEC to Jan, we only muster 4 times, and I do not have duty, so a ton of time to get stuff like that done. Don't worry, I will of course post up pics for everyone to make fun of...
    Make sure you take pics of that installed inclinometer lol...

I thought I would chime in with a few comments regarding the use of LINE-X on the cladding. I'm the LINE-X dealer working with KRemo.

We have a substrate manual that states that LINE-X is not recommended for polypropylene and polyethylene. I suppose our chemists have determined through pull-off tests that LINE-X does not obtain reasonable adhesion to these substrates.

That being said, I understand that there are a few successful applications of LINE-X to the cladding. So, we are going to give it a try.

There is a private LINE-X dealer online forum and I have asked if anyone has any experience with the Vehicross.

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-X View Post
    I thought I would chime in with a few comments regarding the use of LINE-X on the cladding. I'm the LINE-X dealer working with KRemo.

We have a substrate manual that states that LINE-X is not recommended for polypropylene and polyethylene. I suppose our chemists have determined through pull-off tests that LINE-X does not obtain reasonable adhesion to these substrates.

That being said, I understand that there are a few successful applications of LINE-X to the cladding. So, we are going to give it a try.

There is a private LINE-X dealer online forum and I have asked if anyone has any experience with the Vehicross.
    Having said that, does that negate any warranty associated with the application? Also ask around if others have done any Chevy avalanche applications. Pretty much same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-X View Post

One of our members has like 30 yrs of paint/body work experience and contributed some thoughts on surface prep. Another member posted Isuzu's prep instructions. Maybe some of these would have some helpful info for you.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=19009

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18625 (SEE POST #86)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    There was a VX in your area that had "orange" Line-X for years. I sold to a new owner last year, or maybe early this year. Previous owner really liked the success he had with the product.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    There was a VX in your area that had "orange" Line-X for years. I sold to a new owner last year, or maybe early this year. Previous owner really liked the success he had with the product.
    Yeah, it was member "woody", lived in Plano. Might try his email address to ask where he had it done so you could contact them for info.
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=3137

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Previous owner really liked the success he had with the product.
    Glad someone liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Having said that, does that negate any warranty associated with the application? Also ask around if others have done any Chevy avalanche applications. Pretty much same stuff.
    The LINE-X nationwide limited lifetime warranty is only applicable to truck beds. Everything else is warrantied by the individual dealers as they see fit.

Thanks for all of the info, I'm going to continue to research the matter.

Line-xed cladding

Had my cladding and hood insert line-xed in Turlock, CA about 6 months ago and am very happy with the results. I was the first VX he ever worked on, but he had done a lot of jeep and PU fender skirts. I had him add a UV resistand additive, and there is no fading apparent.

Got any pictures taken from less than 20 feet away? Kinda hard to evaluate from that distance.

Quote Originally Posted by dsellers View Post
    Had my cladding and hood insert line-xed in Turlock, CA about 6 months ago and am very happy with the results. I was the first VX he ever worked on, but he had done a lot of jeep and PU fender skirts. I had him add a UV resistand additive, and there is no fading apparent.

Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by dsellers View Post

I'll call that dealer tomorrow, thanks! We also work on a LOT of Jeeps, I have two Jeeps in my shop right now! The UV product is called LINE-X Xtra. Xtra won't fade or lose its gloss and it's fortified with DuPont Kevlar.