Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally Weapon-R Secret Weapon intake installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    If you look at our factory intake, its suction is inside the driver's wheel well, already pulling in cold air.
    I agree, the location of the stock airbox is very very good. Half the reason I bought an aftermarket setup was indeed for the sound of it. Plus the less restrictive filter and whatever voodoo magic that WR insists is proprietary and patented for thier "secret weapon" intake. However my kit also came with a "ram air" tube which allows you to take your air from a wide variety of locations. I'm currently evaluating where to pick up my air from, and if i cant find a better place, then the stock location is still an option. I'm very open to suggestions in this regard! The previous thread indicated a possible "snorkle" setup... I'd entertain thoughts on that too.

Here is a link to that part of the kit. http://www.weapon-r.com/products/183...ram-air-kit-ii

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Is there some type of part on that site...

I'd figure out a way to snake that down to the oval area on the front cladding and then mod some type of reducer to make that portion of the cladding a "pick up" point for your air induction much like some of the other manufacturers offer a collector that mounts behind the headlights a makes that a collection point.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Is there some type of part on that site...

I'd figure out a way to snake that down to the oval area on the front cladding and then mod some type of reducer to make that portion of the cladding a "pick up" point for your air induction much like some of the other manufacturers offer a collector that mounts behind the headlights a makes that a collection point.
    Was that first part a question? If so, then I do not understand what you mean. <edit> Oh I get it... lol takes a while, but it sinks in.... rofl

Nice idea about the oval area. However I hesitate to "reduce" anything as that will impede airflow.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    You only want to reduce the oval shape to something the same circumference as the flexible tubing...something like the rectangular pick up from a vacuum that connects to the hose...same principle of changing from one shape to another but without losing any of the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    You only want to reduce the oval shape to something the same circumference as the flexible tubing...something like the rectangular pick up from a vacuum that connects to the hose...same principle of changing from one shape to another but without losing any of the flow.
    Correct, but that isn't a reduction, its simply changing the shape of the air pickup while maintaining the surface area of its cross-section. I do not know if that is possible using that oval hole, but I'll look into it. Thanks!
    Last edited by Grif : 11/21/2010 at 08:26 PM

I re-installed my short ram Friday for the hell of it and must say, I now remember why I had gone back to my airbox. Full throttle w/ the S/C, it sounds like a jet helicopter, in a not so "cool" way. I will be going back to the airbox this coming weekend, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I have a Droid Incredible and interface with a OBDII reader via Bluetooth using a droid app called "Torque". It really works great. No probs at all.

So its http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/d...edible-review/ plus this http://uniquefindz.myshopify.com/pro...product-search plus this http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...rque_flre.html

Does real-time readings and even can upload all data to a webserver for graphical display via any web browser. Amazing, I know. Its inexpensive too, as long as you have a droid. Its a poor mans (or smart mans?) scangaugeII, but with better interface and more features.
    Bit of a jack here, but does anyone know of a converter cable/box/thing that would allow you to direct connect your OBDII port to aux video input of an aftermarket head unit? I saw something like that installed on a G35 once, basically the guy ran a cable from the OBDII port behind the dash and into the aux port, then was able to see torque/HP/engine codes/etc. in real-time graphical displays. Pretty freakin' cool, but I can't find anything like that online.