Actually when I fixed my window (per instructions posted here) I watched the window go up and down a few times with the door panel off. The cause of the bind is due to incorrect placement of the lift point. It needs to be moved directly under the center of mass of the glass. It isn't. If I remember correctly, it is aft of the center so when the window moves up, the glass pivots (dives forward and down) as it travels upward... the further it goes the more resistance it meets from the rubber seals. Spreading the window track slightly with a pair of channel lock pliers solved the problem. Less friction between the glass and seal. The glass still pivot but the amount of resistance is less so no binding. My drivers side window actually moves a little quicker than my passenger side now (didn't need fixing)... just a little. Before, the passenger side would be completely up while the driver side is less than 1/4 way up.

I've had mine for a year now. My dealer, the only one in Portland now, is OK. I find that as long as I don't go in for reasons other than general maintenace, things go very smoothly. Anything beyond that, I try to take care of myself... and the info archived here is very helpful for that.

Other problems fellow members have mentioned above are all common problems... basically resulting from lack of research and attention to detail in the production engineering phase... which is to be expected on any limited production vehicle. All are minor problems and most of them can fixed on your own within a few minutes. The window fix took 20 minutes at the most. I haven't had any water leaks yet, knock on wood, but I think that is more common among the '99 and some '00.

One other thing people have had problems with is the hood inserts developing hairline cracks. While they have met some varying degrees of resistance from the dealer, I think most of them eventually got the dealer to replace it under warranty. The consensus on the cause is overtightening of the mounting fasteners. Something to keep in mind and to relay to the dealer if you ever find yourself at the dealer for this issue.

Good luck with your search. www.autotrader.com and ebay motors are good places to look.