Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'Help a VX Noob' Foundation

Originally posted by VX?
    How does .9K miles sound!?!
    For how much? I can't believe there would still be ANY around with less than 1k miles... much less 10k miles. If the price is right, it could be a good deal. The one with 10.5k miles for $18k is DEFINITELY a good deal.

Originally posted by Dallas4u
    The one with 10.5k miles for $18k is DEFINITELY a good deal
    I called on that one (10.5K miles in Houston) and talked to the guy. He said the vehicle was his wife's and kids. I came away from the converstation thinking 'no thanks' - it just didn't feel right to me - considering that I can't see the car.

The one I'm buying (.9K miles) is in Florida. Can't see that one either (other than one exterior photo), but I have a high level of confidence that the car is in PERFECT shape. With those miles, it's like buying a new car, which I happily will pay a premium for. The final cost of the car was more than $18K, but less than $20K. It's going to cost a grand to ship it...

Some may not agree, but I think that's a pretty darn good price for a new, semi-luxury, off-road capable SUV! And, I won't have to look at everyone else driving the same car!

Anyone want a WRX to go with their VX?

Speaking from experience trying to buy a car remotely (in Florida in fact) - you should see if you can find some local volunteers here to go take a look at it for you. Dealers, and even regular people, are all quite capable of "forgetting" about certain problems with a car.

Furthermore, make the seller demonstrate proof of ownership, best if you can actually talk to the prior owner and confirm transfer from him to the dealer. I've learned the hard way that a dealer can sell you a stolen car and as long as they had good reason to believe that the car was not stolen (and "good reason" ain't much at least in Florida), you will be left holding the bag. Or rather the bill, while the FBI returns the car to the rightful owner. Once you take delivery of the car, its history is all your responsibility and none of the dealer's. You can sue, but you can sue for anything in the US anyway and man is that a hassle compared to the 30 minutes or so upfront that it takes to track down the prior owner and verify that he really sold it to the dealer.

In my case I even went so far as to contact the prior owner, but I did not verify that he had sold it to the dealer that was selling it. In fact, the car had been stolen from him via a forged cashier's check and when I talked to him, he had not yet discovered the forgery (his bank took a whole month before letting him know there was a problem) meanwhile the thief had resold it to the dealer using forged documents and in Florida at least, the dealer had zero responsbility to register the car with any government agency before selling it.

Theres gonna be a group of us in Houston on the 20th. I'm sure it wouldn't a problem to go check the $18k one out for you if you (or anyone) has an interest in it.
    It would be kinda fun...the seller will freak when he sees a line of VX's heading to his casa!!
    ________
    Motorcycle Tires
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:01 PM

Question Cupholder

What's the BEST cupholder solution?

Pictures would be great too...

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I remember someone saying something about a cupholder from Pep Boys.

To save the center console from spills and potential problems, there is nothing like the tried and true "between the legs" holder. Not for the faint of heart...

;Dr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

The last time I used the ol' tween the legs holder I tested my roasticles and had to drink soda pop for a while.

I guess the second seat could be equiped to hold most anything.

In Texas the second seat is for the 'party of the second part' to "hold my beer and watch this".

JK