Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help ? Looking for mat that would cover entire caro area

Looks sharp! I may do a separate center hump overlapping the two separate side (driver/passenger) pieces and one back section. I did this about 15 years ago on my 77 celica liftback that I turned into a mini-Mad Max replica. Wanted to do it to the VX next. You beat me to it, but it looks MUCH better than carpeting.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

I was at a Sports Authority over the weekend, and they carried a light gray rubber diamond plate. It was $20 for a 4'x8' sheet.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

If it came in black I'd be all over it!

I picked up a roll of charcoal gray, 1/4" diamond tread foam pad at Biglots. It is 48" x96" for 18 bucks!! I am going to try that for the front/rear seat area. I will leave the rear as herculine since that is where the cargo gets pulled in and out. Even if it doesn't work out, I can put it in the garage, or worst case, it was only 18 bucks.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Looking forward to seeing your work when it gets completed. Between that and the cargo area mods it should look really sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your work when it gets completed. Between that and the cargo area mods it should look really sharp.
    Ha! You might be the first person to say something nice about it:
    I will post up pics when I am done. Hopefully I can do this tomorrow. I am still debating whether or not to leave the old carpet under it?

Carpeting options

That was always my conundrum. I was worried about moisture getting trapped under it. I think to remedy that I was going to leave open areas under the center console where moisture could evap out.

Other thought, was if all the carpet is out it will be pretty noisy. I thought about getting some house carpeting cushion material for sound deadening.

Last vehicle I took the carpeting out altogether though.

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    That was always my conundrum. I was worried about moisture getting trapped under it. I think to remedy that I was going to leave open areas under the center console where moisture could evap out.

Other thought, was if all the carpet is out it will be pretty noisy. I thought about getting some house carpeting cushion material for sound deadening.

Last vehicle I took the carpeting out altogether though.
    I am way beyond the noise issue, with mudders, rattling exhaust and tools, I found the perfect sound deadening device, the volume knob

I think I am going to head to sports authority today to see what they currently have, plus I have a gift card for there, and they just emailed me a 25% off coupon this morning, but this item looks promising if that is a bust:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AR1XNW36G4B79

I went to sports authority today and they had a 46" x 93" roll of foam diamond plate flooring for $29.99. Very tempting, but I needed some new shoes so I used the 25% off one single item this week coupon and then a gift card and got some $85 shoes for $20 :-)

I might go back and get that flooring if I don't find anything else soon though.