Thread: Should we be on this list?

Should we be on this list?

It's a Wikipedia page titled "List of automotive superlatives" and it has a section for suspension firsts - maybe we should put the VX there for its motorcycle-style shocks? Wasn't the VX the first passenger vehicle to sport that technology?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ves#Suspension

The article is a pretty cool read, check out this link (click on picture) to the world's first analog car navigation system by Honda. It actually had maps you loaded into the dash by hand!

Dude, how cool would that be for park trail maps!!! I wonder if I can find one on ebay...

Nope, but it would be cool, just print and cut maps to fit the "screen". As long as the built in compass is still functional, you would be good to go!! Neat idea...

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Can't remember if it mentioned it in the article, but the gyro system that Honda developed is still used in almost identical fashion as a backup to the digital GPS navigation used in OEM units today. My G35's OEM nav system tied into the ECU as well as contained an internal gyro so that if it couldn't get a GPS lock it could still estimate your position based on your acceleration/direction/etc. from your last known location. (This is a distinct advantage of OEM nav units btw.)