Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: need advice- our center bore is not 108mm

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post

Unless they also mount an off-road or all-terrain sort of tire too.
    You fail. I also have the Grabber AT2 on my VX and can attest that they run super-true, are extremely quiet, and balance perfectly with minimal weights. Nice try, Popeye.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    You fail. I also have the Grabber AT2 on my VX and can attest that they run super-true, are extremely quiet, and balance perfectly with minimal weights. Nice try, Popeye.
    And I used to work at a General dealership, & can attest to the fact that they had a higher failure (adjustment) rate than any other brand we sold...quit recommending crap tires olive oyl...

Mine balanced out fine, handled pretty good, but they were LOUD! My kevlars are much quieter than the AT2s were. I will say that the Kevlars handle 10 times better than the AT2s in the p-metric. I understand that the AT2s are half the weight, and only a 2 ply sidewall, where-as mine are a 6 ply sidewall and over 1" thick as well, lending to a much stiffer ride and better street handling. On the other hand, I can buy almost 3 AT2s for the price of one 34" kevlar.

I do think the new AT2 red letters look awesome!!!

Bang for the buck, the AT2s were good, for someone who is gonna rock crawl, I would not recommend them, at least not in the p-metric. Very thin sidewall, but if it was just a DD and a snow truck, I would have no problem with em. They performed great at Moab.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

No need to get defensive. How can it be considered a fail when all I was saying is that larger off-road tires are by design not meant to be balance-able to the same degree as low-profile high-performance tires?

It seems you are simply taking my statements personally as calling into question your choice of tire when that isn't the case. If you're happy with your choice and have had good luck with the Grabbers, great, but that doesn't mean what I've said about off-road/large-lugged tires is incorrect.

I'm not even going to ask about the Popeye part.

If it's going to be the Grabbers again (as displayed in his gallery), zero vibration is always going to be difficult to achieve regardless of rim choice.
    Nope; fail #2, you deliberately singled-out the Grabber AT2 as illustrated by your original quote. 'Nuff said.

Nope; fail #2, you deliberately singled-out the Grabber AT2 as illustrated by your original quote. 'Nuff said.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

are you seriously arguing about this? Got butt hurt over tires? Come on guys, we aren't 6
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

...In my opinion though, all that will still depend on which tires he plans to use with the new wheels. If it's going to be the Grabbers again (as displayed in his gallery), zero vibration is always going to be difficult to achieve regardless of rim choice.
    As illustrated by my original quote, what I actually said was "Grabbers".

I can't believe you're getting this emotional over something like tire choice, but it's clear that it's clouding your interpretations of my comments.

What do you say we just drop it and let this thread get back on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    are you seriously arguing about this? Got butt hurt over tires? Come on guys, we aren't 6
    And please don't put imply I'm doing the same thing when that's clearly not the case either.

nope, guys was a general statement, not directed at any particular person.

In my opinion though, all that will still depend on which tires he plans to use with the new wheels. If it's going to be the Grabbers again (as displayed in his gallery), zero vibration is always going to be difficult to achieve regardless of rim choice.
    Nope, as originally depicted in your original statement-- you said Grabber's (as displayed in his (DJVX) gallery); which if you look in DJVX's gallery is the Grabber AT2. Consequently, you essentially referred the Grabber AT2 specifically. I'm just calling an Ace-n-Ace and a Spade-a-Spade. You made a generalized comment that the Grabber AT2 in an inferior tire that has a "vibration issue regardless of rim choice" and with which you have absolutely no personal experience with, and THAT is what I have an issue with. Then, you keep trying to back-pedal your way out in your subsequent postings with your double-talk, but all you end of doing is digging yourself a bigger hole (you're beginning to sound like Obama). Yes, let's drop the issue because it is you that has a clouded perception. Peace Out.

Nope, as originally depicted...
    This is ridiculous.

If it's just me with the clouded perception, then how are you explaining LDubs', Marlins', and VX Kats' responses to yourself?

Talk to me again when you reach China in that hole of yours.
    Last edited by Y33TREKker : 12/14/2010 at 11:17 AM

Talk to me again when you reach China in that hole of yours.
    Dig baby dig....

Riff, do you need to retake reading comprehension? This is really retarded. He wasn't referring to Grabbers being inferior, he was using them as an example because all-terrain/mud-terrain and other offroad tires are GENERALLY more difficult to keep in balance etc than say your standard Camry tire. I quoted for truth here:

In my opinion though, all that will still depend on which tires he plans to use with the new wheels. If it's going to be the Grabbers again (as displayed in his gallery), zero vibration is always going to be difficult to achieve regardless of rim choice.
    Huh??? What makes you say that??? What is wrong with the Grabber AT2's and is that what you have??? Please explain!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    Probably because all terrain tires don't balance well and will pretty much always be noisy when compared to an ht, st or apt tire

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    ...of course this doesnt apply to guys who go with 22s or larger on their trucks

Unless they also mount an off-road or all-terrain sort of tire too.

From my reading, he's agreeing with etlsport's comments and not saying the Grabber in general. You really should take a chill pill, you sound like someone just pushed your kid down.

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    ...He wasn't referring to Grabbers being inferior, he was using them as an example because all-terrain/mud-terrain and other offroad tires are GENERALLY more difficult to keep in balance etc than say your standard Camry tire. I quoted for truth here:...

From my reading, he's agreeing with etlsport's comments and not saying the Grabber in general.
    I've already tried that.
    No need to get defensive. How can it be considered a fail when all I was saying is that larger off-road tires are by design not meant to be balance-able to the same degree as low-profile high-performance tires?

It seems you are simply taking my statements personally as calling into question your choice of tire when that isn't the case. If you're happy with your choice and have had good luck with the Grabbers, great, but that doesn't mean what I've said about off-road/large-lugged tires is incorrect.
    But thank you just the same. Maybe second time will be the charm?

And while not exactly the same, it also just occurred to me that years ago I DID run a set of General All-Terrains on a 4X4 I used to own.

Something I know for a fact is that the General All-Terrains I had on that 4X4 did not balance as well on those lug-centric wheels as the 18" General Sport Contact low-profile performance tires I currently have on the 18" hub-centric wheels on my car.

How's that for personal experience? Not to mention having a brother-in-law who works for General Tire and can get some pretty good discounts on tires.
    ...You made a generalized comment that the Grabber AT2 in an inferior tire that has a "vibration issue regardless of rim choice" and with which you have absolutely no personal experience with, and THAT is what I have an issue with.
    So it would seem there should now be no issue at all.
    Last edited by Y33TREKker : 12/14/2010 at 01:02 PM