Every thing comes down as how much you are willing to spend or how much is the available $$$ you can spend on this. The more you can the more you will enjoy

The head unit is the key to a good sound system,besides the quality of the speakers you choose.

I'll suggest you add an nice (i didn't mean expensive) EQ. although the head units comes preloaded with EQ controls you still can play around to extract the best sound out of the system or suited to an more personal choice.

Big brands offers extraodinary products,such as JBL,sony,alpine (Kenwood's luxury line up ) boss,JVC and pioneer are the most popular-expensive brands.

If you gonna replace the OEM speakers then atfermarket speakers ( 3-ways ) within the 180-300 watts will do just fine if big bang sound is not your thing.

Subs within the 600-800 watts ( 4 ohms ) if just perfect depending on the amps power you choose,never hook up amps with higher wattage then the speakers/subs,you'll just risk them to go BOOM

Crutchfield guys are very helpfull,but when it comes to ask them about which products to grab on they'll lure you into the most $$$ ones.

My favorites brands are pioneer and alpine,yes they are $$$$ so instead i settled with kenwood which offers good products worth the money ( IMHO )

My whole sys is kenwood and have not a single complaint to relate.

If you gonna play with two amps do your self an favor and have them with 4 lines each,with low and high pass filter

Dynamat definately help reduce the lost of sound and quality,also reduces the vibration that subs causes,got to dissmantle the whole interior do get that job done

Again,all comes down as to how much you are willing or can spend on this