Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Conceal to carry - if so what? Or what do you own?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK, we're goin' look like nutjobs here, but here goes anyway.....
    I hope PK still loves me after this....

We're a Beretta family. We really enjoy target/practice shooting for sport and it's something I can do. Since we have so many mountains around here, and so little population, there's plenty of places to go plinking safely in the woods/chapparel any time we want to, and it's free . Plus I get to go "off-roading" to get there....doubles the fun! So ironic that many of Beretta's guns are named from the big cat family.

Here's Beretta Kat's Cheetah collection: L-R: Cheetah 85BB, Cheetah 84FS, Cheetah 87, Cheetah 86. These are all straight blowbacks.

Beretta Kat's Cheetah collection: top: 86 tip up (.380); bottom: 87 (22LR)
    ....and yes, as a matter of fact, they do make purple convoluted foam..how kool is that!!

Beretta Kat's Cheetah collection: 84FS Cheetah Two-tone, 85BB Cheetah Nickel (both chambered in .380)

Dave's collection:
    Rossi 851 38 special revolver (For Sale...anybody interested?)
    Ruger LCR 38 special +P revolver
    Next column:
    Beretta 92FS-C Type M, Custom made Two-tone - 9mm
    Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact - 9mm
    Beretta Titanium edition Tomcat (super rare, one of about 500 made) -.32 Auto ACP.
    I just got this little bad boy for Dave's B-day and Xmas this week. It's his CC now....everybody see the School board shooting footage from Panama City, FL yesterday???....well Councilman Dave, er, um, I mean "The Senator" is prepared. Remember, AZ has the easiest, least restrictive gun laws in the country....many are carrying....Our town even passed an ordinance allowing guns in council meetings... Our next door town has bulletproof glass in front of council during meetings....

The Tomcat also comes in a Two-tone edition, which is my next purchase...then I'm done.

Dave's Beretta family: 92FS-C Type M (9mm), Titanium Tomcat (.32 ACP), PX4 Storm Subcompact (9mm)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I do have a carry permit.

Bresa Thunder 380 CC with 25 round drum mag.

AR 57 with 50 round mag. (zombie gun)
    Why?..... because stock sucks.

JEEBUS!! u amerikanz...

me, i carry a snub nose with two clips.

eh!

I think I may have wet my pants laughing at Hot Sauces post.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Kenny, you should get a less conspicuous weapon, you will never get that through any kind of checkpoint, that yellow just screams "I HAVE A WEAPON!!!!".

Maybe you should look at the hitachi version in classic jungle cammo, the exact same weapon, different skin, and you will save a few bucks too:

Might as well be completely prepared and get the whole collection, "When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes":

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I carry, but I'm kind of a lightweight.

Still, you mess with me, I have the ability to make your glasses reeeally, really wobbly:

I got a few, in my bunker. I sleep with a 9mm. Carry (if legal here)a Taurus Millenium .380 or Taurus 38 special. Always loaded with quality self defense ammo. My AK-47 is accessorized and is my favorite. BRING ON THE BAD GUYS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

You guys are all mad And Orion, you like your hi-cap mags don't you lol!!!

However i am just jelous as we arent allowed anything here, athough thats not a bad thing as road rage is just alot of shouting here, then you go your seperate ways instead of being dead lol
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

I don't carry often, large white guys don't get hassled much. But when I do, I carry a Kahr PM9. I am comfortable with 9mm, and the PM9 is tiny, if not quite as small as some of the .380s out there. I am very happy with it.

If the zombies come, I am grabbing my FN-FAL.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Thank you Ldub for posting my kitty picture with the gun in the face that I stole from the internet and thank you VX KAT for showing me how

Luckily I live in Australia, and with the lack of guns on the street, and my hand to hand combat training, I have zero need to live in fear. If I am within 10 feet of someone, I can have them unconscious, or dead, within 2 seconds if I have to.
    What about those folks who don't have "hand to hand combat training", or the physical aptitude to even use it, such as the elderly, small women, handicapped, etc.? How do they defend themselves? Or are they at the mercy of the good will of people such as you?

Ijust got a lead on a Kel-tek 380. Brand new, 3 extra magazines, gun safe, 200 bucks. The guy bought it for his wife for a Bday present in the summer, now they are getting divorced. SHe never even fired it. Sounds like a good xmas present for the wife Thanks for the lead on the Kel-teks Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    What about those folks who don't have "hand to hand combat training", or the physical aptitude to even use it, such as the elderly, small women, handicapped, etc.? How do they defend themselves? Or are they at the mercy of the good will of people such as you?
    Same thing as if you are not the quickest to draw and shoot I guess - you loose.
    But at least here, 99.5% of the time, all you are likely to loose is a verbal argument, or a fist fight - not your life.

Don't get me wrong guys - I am not totally against guns, or your rights to carry them in your country if you want.
    I especially recognise Sue's point - we have never had to fight a war on our own soil, or against each other. That would have embedded a need to carry a gun for decades.

I just feel sorry that you still feel the need to do so.
    Okay I have my training, but I received that training for a purpose and I still carry it in my civilian life.
    Although I have to 'fess up here and admit it was a fair while ago, and I am not as fast and agile as I used to be.

As an outsider to your country, I would never have the cheek to suggest your laws should be changed (except maybe which side of the road you drive on, and catching up to the rest of the world to the metric system).

Crap - now I've gone done it - where is that flame proof smiley??

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    As an outsider to your country, I would never have the cheek to suggest your laws should be changed (except maybe which side of the road you drive on, and catching up to the rest of the world to the metric system).

Crap - now I've gone done it - where is that flame proof smiley??

PK
    You are 100% right on the metric thing....but driving on the other side of the road?!! You guys are just weird. You can keep your kangaroo sack storage pouches as well!!!

I spent a few days in Brisbane, went to the australia zoo, was molested by a Koala bear, went to all kinds of places out in the glass mountain area (not sure the actual town names, but lots of wineries, shopping...)
    I saw more kangaroo sack tourist souvenirs than I could have imagined. Of course I bought a few of em Keep your valuables dry with a seamless leather pouch!!! How can one resist that?

Back to the guns, if your people don't have guns, how could you ever possibly overthrow your government if you needed to? If they have the only weapons, it sounds like an easy step to tyranny and dictatorship with no hope of retaliation?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Don't get me wrong guys - I am not totally against guns, or your rights to carry them in your country if you want.

I just feel sorry that you still feel the need to do so.
    I guess my point was lost...but why are you afraid of your fellow citizen, human being, at all? I feel sorry you feel that you don't trust your neighbor enough to buy a simple inanimate object in a civilized society. I trust my fellow citizen, and I think that's a measure of a civilized society. I have no inherent mistrust in my neighbor and find it sad others do.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND