Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Conceal to carry - if so what? Or what do you own?

Somewhat true, but newer designs fixed that failing. You rarely see problems with the modern Glocks and Witnesses vs. the old delta 10's and older glocks. The problem I heard about the most was the slide cracking due to hot 10mm loads. Manufacturers beefed up/redesigned the slides= problem solved. By then though, the 10's weren't mainstream and fell into handgun limbo. They are like a diamond in the rough though. If you like .40, you'll love 10! Finding affordable ammo outside of reloading can be a little tough though. It's fairly comparable with any magnum handgun ammo though. I look at it from the perspective of being able to reload it for what 9mm costs new. That way I load it up any way I want(hot, medium or mild) and with whatever bullet I want(slugs, hollowpoints, frangible, birdshot, heavy, light etc) and can even set it up subsonic if need be. I'm all about the mods
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    and can even set it up subsonic if need be.
    Shhhhhhhhhh....

Just to add to the confusion, Ruger just announce a new sub compact. Its a 9mm and the size is right in between the LCP and SR9 compact. Its about the size of a Taurus 709 and Kel-Tek P11.

http://ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html

--Dave

'Bout time...I won't be getting one because I already have the Kahr PM9, but it's nice to see more 9mm CC options. The Ruger looks a little bigger and heavier than the Kahr and the KelTec PF9. Should be worth considering though. Ruger generally makes good stuff.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Its a tiny bit longer and heavier then the PM9 and about even with the PF9.

LC9
    Length: 6.00"
    Barrel Length: 3.12"
    Width: 0.90"
    Height: 4.50"
    Weight: 17.10 oz.
    Capacity: 7+1

Kahr PM9
    Length O/A: 5.3"
    Barrel Length: 3.0"
    Height: 4.0"
    Slide Width: .90"
    Weight: Pistol 14 ounces, Magazine 1.9 ounces
    Capacity: 6+1, 7+1 (magazine with grip extension)

Kel-TEc PF9
    Length: 5.85 ”
    Height: 4.3 “
    Width: .88 “
    Barrel Length: 3.1 ”
    Weight unloaded: 12.7 oz
    Loaded magazine: 2.8 oz
    Capacity: 7+1

I would suggest you take a look at the Walther PPS instead. It is slimmer (a plus for any cc gun) and it comes in 40 cal.

The PPS is fatter than any of those...it's 1.04" thick.

I ended up picking out a walther P22 and a Sig Mosquito at the same time for the same price. I think the P22 shoots better, but it is picky on the ammo. The sig was significantly larger and heavier, but fired just about every type of round we put through it. I am taking the CCP class in a few weeks. Yippee! The wife really wants a left handed weapon, but they start at 1100 for the few that are available. She just needs to learn to use her index finger for the slide release, everything else is lefty friendly.

I also scored a charles daily 28" 20ga for a steal at my neighbor's garage sale. Brand new in the box, he has had it since 06, never fired. Now all I need are some incendiary rounds...

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I think the P22 shoots better, but it is picky on the ammo.
    Just curious, what ammo did you have trouble with? I have a P22 and it really has no issues with ammo from my experience.

Bart

Usually an M4 with rails and 68 sight and M9 green Crimson Trace laser sight for sidearm.

Other than that just a few 440 stainless samurai swords by the bed, and a hooligan tool in my VX
    Last edited by wekilled : 03/21/2011 at 12:07 PM
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Just curious, what ammo did you have trouble with? I have a P22 and it really has no issues with ammo from my experience.

Bart
    It did not like the winchester hollow points. I hat about 1000 of em for my little mossberg rifle. I had at least 10 failure to eject, or double chamber. I have read all the stuff about shaving down the entry to the barrel to prevent future problems. The sig had ZERO problems. Either way, I am happy and would buy the gun again. I managed to find the green one in a sporting goods store that offered military discount Good deal for me. My favorite round through the gun was the aguila supermax. I am always amazed at the underestimated power of a 22. That little pistol was putting the 22s through treated 2x4s at 10-15 yards. I also bought a box of the 22 shotshells. Pretty neat, would be great for snakes at close range. I am confident that I could shoot a person in a jacket at 15 feet and you would have no penetration...lol. Thats what she said....sorry, couldn't help it.

Last month, picked up CHEAP, an Eotech 553 and MPO III magnifier for my AR. I have yet to hit a range this year so looking forward to zero'ing in and getting my spring/summer plinking session going.

Similar to picture, but not exact models....

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Glock 34 with the grip chopped to 19 length. Turns regular pressure ammo into +P. Plus I love the look on people's faces when I make "imposible" 100 yard pistol hits, offhand.

How does chopping the grip increase the power of the ammunition??

Bought a Mosin Nagant the other day. Love it. Nothing like 7.62x54r for $120. I love old school guns.

Bart