Thread: Conceal to carry - if so what? Or what do you own?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I keep a couple rocks, a walking stick and bat....just kidding. I haven't arrived yet. but several months back I was falling asleep and said to my wife "I'm thinking about getting a concealed weapons permit and a gun" She said...I support you in that. I shot awake thinking my goodness how the world has changed because this came from a woman who didn't even like my deer rifle in the house. So I will get a 9mm some day. nice link to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujvV...eature=related

Let me take a moment to tell you all what triggered this. I am a practicing Veterinarian in South Florida and I am contracted by the local health dept to do submissions for Rabies testing for people who have been bitten by dogs cats etc. Several months ago I submitted a Pittbull to the state lab and this is why: This guy was out hunting on a nice afternoon- minding his business and eating a sandwich in the woods. 2 Pit bulls approached him. He thought no problem...nice doggy and offered a piece of his sandwich to the lead dog. The lead dog lunged onto his backed- unexpectedly and sunk its teeth into his backpack waterpack. He says this is what saved his life literally. the second dog joined and got a bite in but the man somehow by the grace of God was able to pull his side arm and killed both dogs. The following day he retieved the body of the dog that bit him by the health dept instructions and brought it to me for submission to the state.

The woods is a nice place only to the nieve (sp). I take a walk alone into unknown areas several times a year only with my walking stick. (this is why i got a VX) A side arm would be smarter. Panthers, black bear, rabid foxes that are nuts and crazy people make being better armed smarter.
    Last edited by Ebenezr : 12/16/2010 at 06:49 AM