Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Conceal to carry - if so what? Or what do you own?

Conceal to carry - if so what? Or what do you own?

First - lets not get in a debate if it is right or not.

Who carries?
    Or if you don't what do you own or what is your favorite gun?

I have a Walther PPKs

But I have my eye on the Walther PK380 with mounted laser.
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...06&isFirearm=Y

Side debate if you want.
    9mm or .380

As you can see from the above I have a liking of the .380 but nothing against the 9mm, just like Walthers.
    Last edited by JHarris1385 : 12/15/2010 at 10:40 PM

I've got an old Ruger p89 and a Smith and Wesson .357 as far as handguns go. I was at one point eyeballing a Walther P99, but never got around to it.

I keep the Smith in my go-bag with two boxes of ammo and the P89 stays close by in the house.

I'd love to buy more, it's just such an expensive collector hobby when I don't get to shoot nearly as much as I did when I lived out in the boonies.
    macintosh man

I don't carry in normal every day life, but when I'm out "adventuring" I carry my Kimber .45 Stainless. It's a super sweet gun, and it's size seems like it would be intimidating enough for any person who might want to get funky, and packs enough punch for any attacking animals or zombies.

My wife does keep in her purse a teeny little Kimber .32, it's a tiny gun and I think she is ready to upgrade to that Walther PK380 that JHarris linked us to, laser sight and all. She had handled the P22 but I have been trying to talk her into a larger gun, so she wouldn't have to use all 13 rounds to stop a crack head!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I am licensed to carry (scary thought lol) but dont have room in my purse for the glock 9mm, I have had for almost 20yrs and would love to get a 40 caliber, but I carry it to and from my truck. At home I have a home defender shot gun next to my bed. I dont think larger caliber is necessarily better if you cant shoot it well.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I keep a couple rocks, a walking stick and bat....just kidding. I haven't arrived yet. but several months back I was falling asleep and said to my wife "I'm thinking about getting a concealed weapons permit and a gun" She said...I support you in that. I shot awake thinking my goodness how the world has changed because this came from a woman who didn't even like my deer rifle in the house. So I will get a 9mm some day. nice link to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujvV...eature=related

Let me take a moment to tell you all what triggered this. I am a practicing Veterinarian in South Florida and I am contracted by the local health dept to do submissions for Rabies testing for people who have been bitten by dogs cats etc. Several months ago I submitted a Pittbull to the state lab and this is why: This guy was out hunting on a nice afternoon- minding his business and eating a sandwich in the woods. 2 Pit bulls approached him. He thought no problem...nice doggy and offered a piece of his sandwich to the lead dog. The lead dog lunged onto his backed- unexpectedly and sunk its teeth into his backpack waterpack. He says this is what saved his life literally. the second dog joined and got a bite in but the man somehow by the grace of God was able to pull his side arm and killed both dogs. The following day he retieved the body of the dog that bit him by the health dept instructions and brought it to me for submission to the state.

The woods is a nice place only to the nieve (sp). I take a walk alone into unknown areas several times a year only with my walking stick. (this is why i got a VX) A side arm would be smarter. Panthers, black bear, rabid foxes that are nuts and crazy people make being better armed smarter.
    Last edited by Ebenezr : 12/16/2010 at 06:49 AM

Carry-conceal? In this way? Hahahahaha....

Chances are slim to none to get a conceal carry around this way. Not completely unheard of, but nearly impossible.

In any case, I pack this....

Bushmaster M4/AR-15 Carbine

Not mine pictured but resembles it. A deadeye at 200yds w/ my new scope.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

My buddy just got one of those. Very sexy beast.

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Carry-conceal? In this way? Hahahahaha....

Chances are slim to none to get a conceal carry around this way. Not completely unheard of, but nearly impossible.

In any case, I pack this....

Bushmaster M4/AR-15 Carbine

Not mine pictured but resembles it. A deadeye at 200yds w/ my new scope.

Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    My buddy just got one of those. Very sexy beast.
    I have a friend that shoots competitively. His AR15 was actually the template weapon used for the new digital blue Navy print you can get for it.

As for pistols, my wife really really wants a Taurus Millenium Pro 111-9mm. A bit expensive, but a very nice gun.

Personally I want the Taurus 24/7 Pro-.40. I dig the round in chamber feature. The new ones have the integrated key lock as well, no extra device to fumble with. I know most guns have gone in that direction for safety and liability reasons.

*sigh*, but not likely anytime soon, the big toys get most of the money and we are still building our survival kits. Just have to stick to hunting rifles for now.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Beretta 9mm with Crimson Trace laser sight
    12G Defender shotgun by the bed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

10mm=ultimate handgun round
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

OK, we're goin' look like nutjobs here, but here goes anyway.....
    I hope PK still loves me after this....

We're a Beretta family. We really enjoy target/practice shooting for sport and it's something I can do. Since we have so many mountains around here, and so little population, there's plenty of places to go plinking safely in the woods/chapparel any time we want to, and it's free . Plus I get to go "off-roading" to get there....doubles the fun! So ironic that many of Beretta's guns are named from the big cat family.

Here's Beretta Kat's Cheetah collection: L-R: Cheetah 85BB, Cheetah 84FS, Cheetah 87, Cheetah 86. These are all straight blowbacks.

Beretta Kat's Cheetah collection: top: 86 tip up (.380); bottom: 87 (22LR)
    ....and yes, as a matter of fact, they do make purple convoluted foam..how kool is that!!

Beretta Kat's Cheetah collection: 84FS Cheetah Two-tone, 85BB Cheetah Nickel (both chambered in .380)

Dave's collection:
    Rossi 851 38 special revolver (For Sale...anybody interested?)
    Ruger LCR 38 special +P revolver
    Next column:
    Beretta 92FS-C Type M, Custom made Two-tone - 9mm
    Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact - 9mm
    Beretta Titanium edition Tomcat (super rare, one of about 500 made) -.32 Auto ACP.
    I just got this little bad boy for Dave's B-day and Xmas this week. It's his CC now....everybody see the School board shooting footage from Panama City, FL yesterday???....well Councilman Dave, er, um, I mean "The Senator" is prepared. Remember, AZ has the easiest, least restrictive gun laws in the country....many are carrying....Our town even passed an ordinance allowing guns in council meetings... Our next door town has bulletproof glass in front of council during meetings....

The Tomcat also comes in a Two-tone edition, which is my next purchase...then I'm done.

Dave's Beretta family: 92FS-C Type M (9mm), Titanium Tomcat (.32 ACP), PX4 Storm Subcompact (9mm)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Note to self...never show up at Sue's house unannounced!

VX crazy...for a nice little CC weapon that will easily fit in your smallest of purses you might check out the Kal-tec .32's. They have a cult like following, and you can get colors (pink, blue,...) and a grip with a belt clip built in.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Hey VX CAT I really think you should consider getting a gun. Maybe a Beretta or something. Have you ever thought of this?

Smile

A guy cruises thru a stop sign and gets pulled over by a local policeman. Guy hands the cop his driver's license, , insurance verification, and registration.

The policeman notices a Concealed Carry Permit as the man was fishing out his drivers license. So the cop asks, "Are you carrying today?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well then, better tell me what you got."

The guy says, "Well, I got a .357 revolver in my inside coat pocket.

There's a 9mm semi-auto in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 magnum derringer in my right boot."

"Okay," the cop says. "anything else?"

"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 and a shotgun. That's about it."

"The cop asks, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"

"Nope."

"Well then, what are you afraid of...?"

"The guy responds, "Not a damn thing."
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Billy, I KNOW, love the kal-tecs, just need to go shoot some first, I think they have a 40 caliber too, I had a 32 20yrs ago and just didnt like it....