Thread: Conceal to carry - if so what? Or what do you own?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    There are too many rules in Chicago. I almost got my CCW when I lived in Vegas, but then I was moving to IL and haven't done anything because we weren't allowed to register handguns in the city up until a month or so ago. I hate this city. Texas here I come!
    I am going to be honest, I never would have guessed you would carry a gun!!! Good for you. Some parts of Texas are awesome, and I would love to retire in that area.
    I heard that there are still places you can homestead there?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

It used to be this, but it proved to be impractical, because I kept drinking the ammo

So looking for something more practical. I found this to be a better solution

And though I lost 15 pounds and water weight. Again 20 in gun

Quote Originally Posted by ibmx2 View Post

This image caught my curiosity. After a thorough search on the internet, I discovered the above pictured weapon is a total hoax and doesn't exist. Further, the official Barrett Arms website indicate that they only manufacture "rifles" (namely .50 BMG cal Sniper Rifles), and do not manufacture any kind of handgun/pistol platform weapons. Keep dreamin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    This image caught my curiosity. After a thorough search on the internet, I discovered the above pictured weapon is a total hoax and doesn't exist. Further, the official Barrett Arms website indicate that they only manufacture "rifles" (namely .50 BMG cal Sniper Rifles), and do not manufacture any kind of handgun/pistol platform weapons. Keep dreamin'.

LOL
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Only 2 comments from me.

1) I don't have my CCW, but out in "the bush" I carry a FN P9.

2) I think you guys mean "Kel-tec", not "Kal-tec", and from personal experience, I would STAY AWAY from cheap and weird guns in general. Its only $200 for a reason. Maybe Kel-Tec has improved since their Grendel days, but I have owned a few Grendel/Kel-tec guns and NEVER have I owned bigger pieces (no pun intended) of jamming junk. Learning from the experiences I have had with weird "off brand" guns in general, I know one thing: I will stick to the bigger, well known, tried and true names. When it comes to firearms, safety is paramount. Reliability is #2. If the gun jams more than it fires, or if it is finicky with ammo, I don't want anything to do with it. My gun needs to shoot cheap Russian surplus the same as it does high dollar match ammo, or I don't want it. And when you're talking concealed carry, why on earth would you want a cheap gun that is prone to jamming/misfiring?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Only 2 comments from me.

1) I don't have my CCW, but out in "the bush" I carry a FN P9.

2) I think you guys mean "Kel-tec", not "Kal-tec", and from personal experience, I would STAY AWAY from cheap and weird guns in general. Its only $200 for a reason. Maybe Kel-Tec has improved since their Grendel days, but I have owned a few Grendel/Kel-tec guns and NEVER have I owned bigger pieces (no pun intended) of jamming junk. Learning from the experiences I have had with weird "off brand" guns in general, I know one thing: I will stick to the bigger, well known, tried and true names. When it comes to firearms, safety is paramount. Reliability is #2. If the gun jams more than it fires, or if it is finicky with ammo, I don't want anything to do with it. My gun needs to shoot cheap Russian surplus the same as it does high dollar match ammo, or I don't want it. And when you're talking concealed carry, why on earth would you want a cheap gun that is prone to jamming/misfiring?

Bart
    I owned a Grendel .380. semi auto- rare for it to Jam. I owned a Kel-Tec folding 9mm Carbine (it folded in half!) That gun was the smoothest fastest most accurate weapon I ever shot. You could hit a quarter with open sights at a moderate distance. Groupings were amazing. I sold the Grendel because it's grip wasn't big enuf' for my hand. I sold the Kel-Tec because it looked like a fake gun. A lot of guns are sensitive to ammo(just like you stated)as well as lubrication, cleanliness and limp wristing when shooting. I've got 2 Tauruses that shoot flawlessly. They're another Mfg. that gets a bad wrap but there Guns are excellent imo, as is there lifetime warranty. I prefer brand new guns when it comes to personal protection though.
    Savage rifles also get ripped on, yet they make some of the most accurate and smoothest shooting big guns out there, and at a decent price. Sometime it's what ya can afford.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI